Lighthouse Lab Services is looking to fill a Senior Director of Toxicology Lab Operations just northeast of Atlanta, Georgia. In this role, the Senior Director would be overseeing 100+ employees (including 4 managers) in the Employer Solutions Services Lab performing forensic and clinical toxicology testing on urine, hair, and oral specimens. The lab plans to double in size, volume, and throughput over the next few years and as such they're looking for a leader to grow with them over the long haul.
The Senior Lab Director and Responsible Person (RP) will have professional, organizational, educational, and administrative responsibility for the lab (forensic toxicology). The RP will execute and administer duties including but not limited to reviewing QC data, investigating problems and implementing appropriate corrective actions, ensuring staff compliance with the Standard Operation Procedure (SOP), and authorizing changes in procedures.
The Senior Lab Director and RP oversees technical lab operations along with the Scientific Director and Quality Assurance (QA) Director for workforce drug testing lab for a unit with approximately 100 employees. The Senior Lab Director and RP will be responsible through lab managers and supervisors for quality and timeliness of technical procedures, compliance, and overall lab budget.
Key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
– Be Responsible Person (RP) under National Laboratory Certification Program (NLCP)
– Directs and coordinates laboratory activities to ensure that services are provided on schedule with quality and cost objectives.
– Ensures that all laboratory activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local, state, federal, and governmental regulations and laws.
– Develops and trains personnel within the laboratory and reviews and appraises their performance.
– Compliance with corporate policies and procedures, CAP-FDT.
– Establishes laboratory organization plan and delegates responsibilities, authorities and accountabilities to appropriate subordinates.
– Creates and evaluates new procedures and equipment for potential use on the laboratory and recommends new procedures and equipment where necessary.
– Directs, coordinates and oversees major unit projects to the best economic advantage of the corporation.
– $175k – $200k salary (based on experience)
– 25% bonus potential
– Full benefits
– Opportunities for professional growth
Basic Preferred Qualification:
– Minimum of 8 years of progressive laboratory experience with at least 3 years of demonstrated leadership and management responsibility
– BSMT (MS/PhD desirable); ASCP Certification preferred
– Strong communications skills, both written and oral, in order to sell ideas and concepts to peers and upper-level management
– Operations leader: Demonstrated operations and process leadership experience across multiple functional areas
– Ability to lead in a matrix structure to achieve business goals; demonstrated financial acumen and experience developing and operating a capital budget
– Problem Solver: Strategic thinker who can work collaboratively to identify and resolve technical, operational and organizational challenges
– Talent developer: Proven track record attracting and developing talent both within and outside direct team; ability to communicate clearly and effectively to direct and motivate team and others
– Flexible adaptor: Ability to operate effectively in a complex environment and manage multiple stake holders while adapting appropriately to shorter-term challenges, opportunities and priorities
– Project Manager: Demonstrated ability to drive solutions through business cases that clearly define project structure, budget, resource requirements, approach, and work plan
– Change agent: Makes decisions that drive significant organizational change on national scale; ability to influence others outside direct control
– Ability to travel as needed (estimated 25%)
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#JY Job ID # 11287