Lighthouse Lab Services has partnered with a state of the art Molecular Laboratory in the San Antonio, TX area. We are currently looking for a highly motivated and experienced Senior/Principal Scientist with a strong background in RNA and DNA-based diagnostics test development. As an integral part of the Research & Development team, you will have the opportunity to explore new technologies and assist the development of our current and future product pipeline. You will be responsible for supporting the development of clinical molecular tests that adhere to clinical quality of regulatory and professional guidelines, and you are expected to conduct your job responsibilities with a high degree of accuracy, meticulous detail, and professionalism. Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
· Develop new assays aligned with the company's goal on platforms including multiplexed RT-qPCR, Next Generation Sequencing (NGS), and Mass Spectrometry (MassArray)
· Recognize problems, understand and troubleshoot assays in an individual and team setting.
· Drive implementation of solutions and deliver test results
· Analyze large complex data sets with statistical methodology and develop comprehensive technical recommendations
· Research and innovate new technologies to overcome product development challenges
· Guide and mentor junior scientific staffs in new product research and development
· Perform other duties as assigned and as an integral member of the team
· Ph.D. in Biology/Molecular Biology or related fields
· 5+ years of work experience beyond Ph.D. in commercial diagnostic assay development in a CLIA Approved laboratory; Familiar with the commercial product development process, documentation, and transfer to clinical applications
· Experience in leading/managing commercial product development, from concept to validation, including planning and coordinating resources, executing plans, and updating work progress verbally and in writing
· Solid knowledge and experience in nucleic acids test techniques, including NA extraction (column or magnetic bead-based methods), amplification, and analysis (RT-qPCR, Sanger sequencing, NGS for whole transcriptome and target RNA/DNA-seq, etc.)
· Experience in transcriptomic test (classifier gene identification and validation) with associated analytical and bioinformatics knowledge to prepare results, preferred
· Experience in molecular diagnostic test development on Mass Array (Mass Spectrometry), preferred.
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#DS Job-ID 14437