Lighthouse Lab Services is working with a fast-paced diagnostic startup in the San Francisco area that is on the search to add a dedicated Senior Research Associate to their team. This laboratory is focused on applying the founding team’s years of clinical research expertise to improve global kidney health.
The Role You'll Play:
- Assist in the optimization of current assays to improve sensitivity and reproducibility under the supervision of a Senior Scientist or Director. Support the development of new assays for future diagnostic products under the supervision of a Senior Scientist or Director.
- Assist in transferring assays from the R&D laboratory to the clinical laboratory.
- Help train and supervise junior Research Associates at the bench in the R&D laboratory.
- Keep a detailed laboratory notebook and summarize work in research reports and meeting presentations as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years industrial research experience in molecular biology, biochemistry or related discipline.
- A fast learner with the ability to work independently in a small team environment.
- Experience with wide array of assay formats using different detection methods including absorbance, fluorescence, and chemiluminescence.
- Experience running ELISAs is strongly preferred.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills and ability to create documentation for protocols and procedures.
Not Required but Great to Have:
- Experience with lab automation is highly desirable.
- Experience in performing assays with urine samples is highly desirable.
- Product development experience in a CLIA setting or FDA regulated environment preferred.
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive Compensation Package, Including Stock Options
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits for Employee and Dependents
- 401(k) Plan
- FSA Medical and Dependent Care Plan
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Employer-Paid Life, Personal Accident and Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Referral Program
- Learning and Development Programs
- Pet Insurance
- Student Loan Refinance
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#VT Job #12881