Lighthouse Lab Services is working with a fast-paced diagnostic startup in the San Francisco area that is on the search to add a dedicated Senior Scientist to their team. This laboratory is focused on applying the founding team’s years of clinical research expertise to improve global kidney health.
The Role You'll Play:
- Optimize current assays to improve sensitivity and reproducibility. Develop new assays for future diagnostic products.
- Assist in transferring assays from the R&D laboratory to the clinical laboratory.
- Provide bench side leadership in the R&D laboratory.
- Train and help guide new research associates in the R&D laboratory.
- Bachelor’s degree with 6 plus years research experience or Advanced degree with 3 plus years research experience in molecular biology, biochemistry or related discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to develop novel assays and apply problem-solving skills to complex issues.
- Experience with wide array of assay formats using different detection methods including absorbance, fluorescence, and chemiluminescence.
- Experience developing and optimizing ELISAs is strongly preferred.
- Experience developing assays for urine specimens is strongly preferred.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a small team environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must have excellent trouble shooting, organization, and planning skills, and the ability to work under tight timeline.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills and ability to create documentation for protocols and procedures.
Not Required but Great to Have:
- Experience extracting and quantifying cfDNA especially with urine samples is highly desirable.
- Experience with lab automation is highly desirable.
- Experience developing lateral flow assays is a plus.
- Experience developing custom Ella Multiplex Assays is desirable.
- Ability to communicate across teams especially with bioinformaticians and statisticians is a strong plus.
- Project management and document control experience preferred.
- Product development experience in a CLIA setting or FDA regulated environment preferred.
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive Compensation Package, Including Stock Options
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits for Employee and Dependents
- 401(k) Plan
- FSA Medical and Dependent Care Plan
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Employer-Paid Life, Personal Accident and Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Referral Program
- Learning and Development Programs
- Pet Insurance
- Student Loan Refinance
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#VT Job #12880