Work for a premier independent reference laboratory that serves the greater Nashville, Tennessee area with a wide array of laboratory testing. This rapidly growing, high-volume company really appreciates its employees and offers them the career opportunities of a much larger company but still maintains that home-like and down-to-earth feel that.
– Heavy emphasis on quality
– Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee
– Newly constructed state-of-the-art laboratory
– Core Lab sample volume of 20,000 across hematology, chemistry, special chemistry, microbiology departments
How They Value and Appreciate Employees:
– Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
– Time Off (Vacation, Sick Days, Paid Company Holidays, Bereavement)
– 401(K) Retirement Plan
– Life Insurance
– Supplemental Life Insurance
– Short and Long-Term Disability
– Flexible Spending Accounts
– Employee Assistance Program
– Tuition Reimbursement
Your Role Within the Company:
You — as the Special Chemistry Supervisor — are instrumental to the day-to-day operations of the lab. You're the leader and will oversee, lead, mentor and train everyone under you to ensure full competency and efficiency in the Special Chemistry department. This task is no small undertaking but it's an excellent opportunity for you to be instrumental to the a very important side of the lab.
Nashville, Tennessee is a tremendously popular city filled with liveliness, great music, and excellent food. The city is an exciting place to spend an evening or take your family and friends while they visit, but the surrounding communities are also a great place to settle down after a long day of work, if that’s more your speed. For the outdoor-minded folks, you have the Couchville Cedar Glade State Natural Area as well as Radnor Lake State Park to enjoy. This is an excellent place for those with or without a family.
– Bachelor of Science degree
– ASCP certification
– Tennessee Laboratory Supervisor’s License or eligibility
– Prior experience with electrophoresis highly preferred
– Prior experience with LCMS preferred
– Maintains appropriate continuing education for certification/licensure, and to increase basic knowledge
– Prior supervisory experience is strongly preferred
– Experience as a lead technologist from a large, high-volume laboratory is acceptable
– 6 or more years of prior clinical laboratory experience including over 3 years as a Medical Technologist III (equivalent to a Senior Med Tech or Lead Med Tech)
– Must have proven track record in establishing and maintaining positive and productive physician, employee and client relationships
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#WB Job # 11324