Lighthouse Lab Services is seeking a contract / temporary specimen collector for a role with a client facility located in Stamford, CT.
Performs specimen processing procedures in a client office under minimal supervision. Develops and maintains professional relationships with patients, clients and other laboratory personnel. Performs all tasks in accordance with laboratory Lab procedures and policies
- Collects specimens from patients of all age groups.
- Labels each specimen completely, accurately and legibly, such that the Accessioning Department can read everything on the label.
- Completes test request forms via online ordering system completely and accurately in accordance with laboratory procedure.
- Upload/download documents to computer
- Packages specimens as required by protocol to maintain specimen integrity for transport to the appropriate laboratory.
- Completes all required documentation (patient logs etc.) on same day as event is occurring.
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels to ensure that specimens can be collected as required, all clerical duties can be performed, and the collection site can be kept clean.
- Professional to customers: greets pleasantly, doesn’t raise voice, interrupt, demand info, speaks clearly and concisely, answers phone promptly.
- Professional to staff: pleasant, shares info relevant to work, no gossiping or disparaging remarks, accepts work without complaint or provides reason(s) why assignment is unmanageable, asks and answers questions related to improving department performance.
- Attendance meets department guidelines.
- Follows compliance guidelines to meet HIPAA and OSHA standards
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum Education High School or equivalent
- Minimum Experience 1-year medical office experience
- Skills: Communication Communicates effectively as required
- Computer skills
- Experienced and efficient with computers
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Working Conditions: possible exposure to infection from disease-bearing specimens
- Regularly exposed to risk of blood-borne diseases
- Exposed to odorous chemicals and specimens
- Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances
- Work independently, sometimes alone
- Must follow Universal Precautions
Job Type: Full-time (32-40 hours)
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- Medical office: 1 year
- Drug Screen/Background check
- TB Test
- HIPAA and other compliance training
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#LLS Job #11240