Looking for a Specimen Processor opportunity in the Chicago, IL area? Look no further! Lighthouse Lab Services has partnered with a growing independent reference laboratory right outside of Chicago.
The Specimen Processor Will:
- Read, understand, and execute all SOPs related to duties performed
- Perform specimen processing/order entry/accessioning functions:
- Receive and accession incoming mail and packages into laboratory.
- Label specimens and order documents with unique barcodes.
- Enter order and specimen information into LIS & LIMS.
- Scan all supporting documentation.
- Link samples to appropriate queues.
- Coordinate resolution of incomplete orders.
- File all cases in appropriate areas.
- Ensure case accuracy by other’s work.
- Help with troubleshooting, problem solving and improving overall efficiency of specimen processing.
- Plasma Preparation and Specimen Archival
- Prepare samples for DNA extraction and processing in laboratory by processing blood samples to plasma.
- Manage specimen archival, including the archival and destruction of samples as required
- Skills/Experience: Minimum 1-2 years of experience in a data entry/ specimen processing role
- Education/Background: Requires a High School diploma or GED. Associates Degree or higher preferred
Ideal Candidates will have:
- Experience processing human samples in a Clinical Laboratory setting, including the processing and handling of blood, tissue, FFPE tissue, and other body fluids.
- Experience in a production laboratory setting handling large sample numbers.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and Microsoft Office Applications.
- Data entry experience with Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) and/or Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS).
- Demonstrated ability working in a team environment.
- Morning and Evening Shifts available
- Rate dependant on experience
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#MTP Job ID:14169