Though it might be where Voodoo was introduced, there’s nothing spooky about great lab opportunities in New Orleans.
Lighthouse Lab Services is seeking Specimen Processors for a COVID-19 testing laboratory on the set of movie production in NOLA. This opportunity promises top pay and possible opportunities to rub elbows with some famous folks.
If you’re ready to make your own magic on this exciting project, READ ON!
Key responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Preferred 1-2 years of relevant experience in a clinical laboratory environment
- Prior Specimen Collection and Accessioning experience is preferred
Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Demonstrated organizational skills including ability to prioritize while managing multiple tasks
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and with team
- Prepare, deliver, and pick up items in accordance with health and safety regulations and laboratory policies to ensure specimen integrity, quality patient care, and caregiver safety
- Collect and label specimens for requested testing
- Process and complete documentation for specimens according to established guidelines
- Perform data entry of patient demographics, diagnosis codes, insurance information and tests ordered
- Perform all paperwork, technical, and nontechnical procedures required to process and submit specimens
- Receive and make telephone calls and use computer terminal and reference guides to provide information and answer questions from clients and patients regarding specimen requirements, test results, and other client requests
- Perform waived testing as assigned
- Recognize abnormal results and follows up as defined in standard operating procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Prepare specimens and forms for testing at the laboratory and for transport to external reference laboratories
- Verify work and assist supervisor as needed
Salary, Shift, & Benefits
- 1st shift
- Top pay
- Full benefits: Health, Vision and Dental.
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#LK Job #13509