We are seeking a highly motivated, critical, and creative Staff Scientist/Sr. Staff Scientist to join a leading precision medicine solutions company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of clinically differentiated, high-value healthcare solutions for transplant patients and caregivers. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing, dynamic, and clinical oriented team innovating cutting-edge technology.
The primary function of this position will be to drive development and transferring of innovative diagnostic solutions to clinical setting for transplant recipients. The ideal candidate will be able to lead assay development and validation projects, have experience interfacing with cross functional teams including bioinformatics, biostatistics, data science, clinical and lab operations; and have experience in molecular biology methods for nucleic acid characterization and applications.
– Plan and lead execution of internal assay development/validation activities as well as collaborative research with R&D teams and industry partners
– Prototype, optimize, and implement new laboratory techniques and analysis methods for NGS-based molecular assays
– Collaborate with automation engineers to optimize assay workflows and processes on semi/fully automated robotic platforms
– Apply your knowledge of molecular biology and advanced analytical methods to generate new biological insights that advance projects
– Summarize, present and document study outcomes to key stakeholders.
– Collaborate with different functions including bioinformatics, data science, biostatistics, clinical development, quality, and clinical operations.
– Independently perform basic analysis of high-dimensional data
– Interface with staff in multiple departments and clearly communicate results with colleagues, as well as externally at scientific meetings and conferences
– PhD degree in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Genomics or relevant disciplines with 8-12 years of postdoctoral academic or industry experience.
– Hands-on experience with and in-depth knowledge of Illumina NGS workflows including DNA/RNA extraction, library preparation, sequencing, and data analysis.
– Proven track record of developing and optimizing NGS assay protocols.
– Knowledge of theoretical and applied statistics.
– Experienced working in CLIA environment is a plus
– Ability to collect requirements, plan activities and prioritize activities/assignments to supporting team members.
– Able to identify risk and provide recommendations for risk mitigation in area of responsibility and at project level.
– Excellent interdisciplinary communication skills required
– Bioinformatics skills such as programming and data mining are a plus
– Good organizational skills, and detail oriented
Our competitive Total Rewards package includes:
– Competitive base salary and incentive compensation
– Health and welfare benefits including a gym reimbursement program
– 401(k) savings plan match
– Employee Stock Purchase Plan
– Pre-tax commuter benefits
– And more!
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has more than 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#JY Job #