A Laboratory Manager is needed for a Molecular Genetics laboratory located in Atlanta, GA. This is an established laboratory that has seen explosive growth over the last 2 years. They currently perform toxicology, chemistry, hematology and immunology testing as well as molecular genetics testing. The selected candidate will oversee all the molecular testing procedures.
Our client is looking for a candidate that is technically competent as well as business minded. A candidate with previous experience consulting or working on the business side of the industry will be ideal. Previous experience working with a molecular genetics start-up lab strongly desired.
Technical responsibilities include:
– Performing hands on testing to include next gen sequencing, real time PCR, and sanger sequencing.
– Writing SOPs
– Overseeing technical compliance
– Experience with CLIA and CAP inspections
– Managing vendors
– Performing daily, weekly, and monthly equipment maintenance and quality control
– Quality assurance experience
– Training and supervising molecular staff
– Inventory management
– BS degree in Molecular Genetics or closely related field required
– 3+ years of experience working in clinical molecular genetics
– Experience writing SOPs
– Experience preparing for CLIA and CAP inspections
– Hands on experience with NGS, Real-time PCR, Sanger Sequencing, RNA and DNA extraction
– PGX experience
– MBA, Masters or PhD degree
– Experience working w/ a startup genetics lab
– Experience consulting in molecular genetics
– Experience supervising/managing a moderate to high volume genetics lab
Must be a US citizen or eligible to work in the US for any employer. No sponsorship will be provided.