Provides technical expertise for the development and implementation of new procedures, revisions, equipment needs and other specific projects. Is a technical resource and provides support, utilizing advanced critical thinking skills and problem solving knowledge. Assists in teaching, training and competency assessment, as well as employee continuing education. Works closely with department leadership and section directors to successfully complete research and validation projects. Performs waived, moderate complexity and high complexity testing on patient specimens. Correlates and interprets data utilizing critical thinking skills and advanced knowledge of techniques, principles and instruments. Successfully and timely completes all required competency assessments.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following:
– Medical Laboratory Science (formerly Clinical Laboratory Science or Medical Technology)
– Molecular Biology
– (Other advanced degrees may also be acceptable.)
2. ASCP certification within one year from date of hire.
3. Minimum of two years of applicable experience, or an advanced degree.
- Ensure the key parameters for each test/test system are initially determined and subsequently maintained and updated as needed.
- Ensures that all tests are scientifically accurate and performed according to standardized protocols.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the principles and theories of routine and advanced technical procedures.
- Consistently and accurately performs required quality control procedures and documents results as specified by each procedures.
- Researches and resolves problems and serves the department as a resource by sharing expert knowledge on technical issues.
- Assists in the oversight and maintenance of the departmental Quality Management System.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory and inspection agencies.
- Full time, 3rd shift
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 18 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com