Are you interested in taking your chemistry lab testing career to the next level by joining a successful and growing laboratory that will provide the opportunity to work autonomously while enjoying a low cost of living?
Lighthouse Recruiting is currently seeking a Technical Supervisor to join a physician owned laboratory near Huntsville, AL. This role will be responsible for handling sample screening and operating/troubleshooting LCMS equipment.
The Role You'll Play:
- Selection of the test methodology that is appropriate for the clinical use of the test results
- Verification of the test procedures performed and establishment of the test performance characteristics, including the precision and accuracy of each test and test system
- Enrollment and participation in an HHS approved proficiency testing program commensurate with the services offered
- Establishing a quality control program appropriate for the testing performed and establishing the parameters for acceptable levels of analytic performance and ensuring that these levels are maintained throughout the entire testing process from the initial receipt of the specimen, through sample analysis and reporting of test results
- Resolving technical problems and ensuring that remedial actions are taken whenever test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications
- Ensuring that patient test results are not reported until all corrective actions have been taken and the test system is functioning properly
- Identifying training needs and assuring that each individual performing tests receives regular in-service training and education appropriate for the type and complexity of the laboratory services performed
- Evaluating the competency of all testing personnel and assuring that the staff maintain their competency to perform test procedures and report test results promptly, accurately and proficiently.
- Direct observations of routine patient test performance, including patient preparation, if applicable, specimen handling, processing and testing
- Monitoring the recording and reporting of test results
- Review of intermediate test results or worksheets, quality control records, proficiency testing results, and preventive maintenance records
- Direct observation of performance of instrument maintenance and function checks
- Assessment of test performance through testing previously analyzed specimens, internal blind testing samples or external proficiency testing samples
- Assessment of problem solving skills
- Evaluating and documenting the performance of individuals responsible for high complexity testing at least semiannually during the first year the individual tests specimens. Thereafter, evaluations must be performed at least annually unless test methodology or instrumentation changes, in which case, prior to reporting test results, the individual's performance must be reevaluated to include the use of the new test methodology or instrumentation.
- Ability to serve as a Technical Supervisor under CLIA standards:
- B.S. in biology, chemistry, medical technology or related field + 4 years of high complexity testing experience OR
- M.S. in biology, chemistry, medical technology or related field + 2 years of high complexity testing experience OR
- PhD in related field + 1 year of high complexity testing experience
- 3-5 years of infectious disease testing preferred
- Previous experience in a supervisory role preferre
- Assay development and clinical trial experience considered a plus
Basic Preferred Profile:
– Associates degree in Medical Lab Technology or above
– 3+ years chemistry screening / LCMS operating experience highly preferred.
– FT; M-F; 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary is negotiable based on experience.
- Benefits available for full-time
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602
#JY Job ID: 13086