Lighthouse Lab Services is the leading provider of clinical laboratory scientists in the country. We are currently looking for a Technical Supervisor to join a growing molecular diagnostic laboratory near Arcadiaa, CA. The lab is specialized in molecular diagnostic testing including Covid-19 testing. Great opportunity to advance your career with a lab that is growing and has an international presence as well!
The Technical Supervisor will oversee molecular testing including a focus on COVID-19 testing. Mainly responsible for overseeing testing activities, including equipment, test validation, troubleshooting and reporting on infectious disease panels. Taking responsibility for the clinical laboratory’s testing being carried out in accordance with procedures ensuring corrective actions are taken to resolve any technical problems that arise.
Responsibilities and Duties
– Establish performance criteria for laboratory tests.
– Monitor participation in approved proficiency testing program.
– Establish a quality control program appropriate for high complexity molecular diagnostics and acceptable levels of analytical performance.
– Resolve technical problems and ensure remedial actions are taken when test systems deviate from established performance specifications.
– Ensure that test results are not reported until all corrective actions have been taken and test system is functioning as expected.
– Identify training needs and ensure that testing personnel received necessary training and education.
– Assess competency of testing personnel through direct observation and record review.
– Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, or biological science or medical technology from an accredited institution.
– California state CLS license
– 4+ years of clinical experience in high-complexity testing
– 2 years of clinical laboratory training and/or experience in molecular diagnostics or microbiology preferred
– Experience with PCR and DNA/RNA Extraction instrumentation
– Knowledge and/ or use of PCR techniques
Salary and Benefits:
– $110,000 or higher depending on experience
– Full Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 18 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#CC Job ID #14324