Technical Supervisors ensure the technical operations, policies, and processes are standardized throughout the shifts, days, and locations (if applicable) for their section(s). They are responsible for scheduling and employee performance of technical procedures.
Technical Supervisors are effective team members in section management relative to communication, operations, finances, and personnel management as appropriate. They assist the Manager and appropriate Section Director(s) in meeting customer expectations, quality, regulatory, and safety requirements.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
1. Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in one of the following: Medical Laboratory Science (formerly Clinical Laboratory Science or Medical Technology), Microbiology, Biology, Molecular Biology, Chemistry/Biochemistry (other science degrees may also be acceptable)
2. ASCP certification within one year from date of hire
3. Minimum of 4 years demonstrated successful, professional work experience as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist, Microbiologist, Molecular Biologist, Chemistry Technologist, Hematology Technologist, or Cytogenetics Technologist in a clinical or research laboratory environment
– Monitors and assists the manager in the daily operations of the assigned department/section/shift, ensuring effective workflow processes and adherence to policies and procedures.
– Adjusts work assignments to meet or exceed test turnaround time expectations, while maintaining appropriate quality control, instrument calibration and maintenance, training, and competency activities.
– On a timely basis, prepares and maintains monthly staff work schedules based on workload, training, rules of employee conduct, and union contracts. Schedules creatively to minimize or eliminate overtime
– Maintains departmental consumable inventory. Places orders as needed, based on established procedures and timeframes.
– Assists manager in preparing for and conducting regular and meaningful staff meetings, sharing company information and encouraging employee input. Prepares and distributes comprehensive meeting minutes.
– Maintains competency and accurately performs appropriate technical procedures (bench work) as dictated by workload and/or staffing.
– Utilizes the Laboratory Information System (LIS) to ensure accurate data generating, as well as appropriate data retention and retrieval. Assists in updating LIS test menus to coincide with departmental updates.
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#JY Job #14461