Are you looking for an opportunity to be on the frontlines of Covid battle? Lighthouse Lab Services is representing a premier reference laboratory who is responsible for FORTY percent of the covid testing being done in the state of Kentucky. Our client is one of the fastest growing labs in Kentucky. We are searching for a Technical Supervisor for the immunology department. At first, you be will be overseeing the function of two Abbott instruments running covid antibody testing. The end goal will be to have the selected candidate work with the lab leadership to further build out the testing menu for the immunology/ blood chemistry departments. This is a day shift position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Apply the principles, theory and techniques of immunology to the detection of antibodies, infectious agents, and other bioanalytes from human specimens, such as serum, plasma, whole blood, and urine.
– Author and execute the validation protocols for the developed methods to meet regulatory (CAP, CLIA and CMS) standards.
-Author the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for routine sample preparation, sample testing, interpreting and reporting patient results, quality control, and quality assurance.
– Participate in available continuing education and maintains licensure/certification as required by State law and accreditation agencies. Review the Proficiency Testing samples and maintain companies CLIA certification as per CMS guidelines.
– Review data from the instruments utilized and compare it with system preformance data for accuracy and release the results to the physicians.
– Operate, validate, maintain, and troubleshoot automated chemistry analyzers and other instruments utilized in immunology testing.
– Diagnose and solves LIS issues with-in complex, highly customized client LIS setups. Interface the new equipment with the Merge LIS for automated transfer of results.
– Supervise the daily operations of the Laboratory – Blood Testing Section.
– Inspection/Audit: Lab should be prepared and operated on a day to day basis to result in no deficiencies on any scheduled, random or unannounced inspection from any accrediting agency including but not limited to CLIA, COLA, OSHA, Department of Health, State, etc.
– Must be accessible to testing personnel at all times when testing is performed to provide on-site, telephone, or electronic consultation to document technical problems in accordance with policies and procedures.
-Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
– Bachelor’s degree in Immunology, Biology, Chemistry, or closely related fields with six years of experience working in a CLIA certified high complexity testing laboratory.
– Master’s degree in Immunology, Biology, Chemistry, or closely related fields with four years of experience working in a CLIA certified high complexity testing laboratory.
– Physician, or earned a doctoral degree in Immunology, Biology, Chemistry, or closely related fields with two years of experience working in a CLIA certified high complexity testing laboratory.
– Experience in developing and validating new methods.
– Knowledge in Laboratory Information Management System, experience working on Orchard is preferred.
– Experience working on automated chemistry analyzers, specifically the Abbott Alinity or Abbott Architect sytems.
– Understanding of legal, regulatory, accreditation standards, and Federal and state laws such as CLIA as required in patient testing as well as an understanding of safety (OSHA) and security (HIPAA) regulations, practices and procedures to ensure work is consistent with standards
– Excellent attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and adapt rapidly to changing priorities and tasks are required.
– Must have a good working knowledge of regulatory and accreditation requirements.
– As such, must exhibit strong leadership, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills, and must demonstrate the ability to analyze complex issues and make sound decisions in a timely manner.
– The TS will flexibly respond to and lead change, adapting quickly to evolving circumstances, addressing difficult issues quickly, fairly, and ethically, remaining professional and composed under pressure, and communicating team goals, priorities, and issues effectively across all levels of the laboratory and across departments.
– Participating in the monthly meetings, presenting activities and metric outcomes to review and assess compliance, developing and implementing remedial activity plans, as needed, and activities for quality improvement.
Benefits and Pay:
– Health, Dental, Vision
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including people with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#TR Job ID: 11923