Attention all Molecular Supervisors! Are you ready to take your skills to the next level? Lighthouse Lab Services has partnered with an independent reference laboratory located near Salt Lake City, Utah that focuses on molecular laboratory testing.
In this role you would oversee the daily operations of the lab performing COVID-19 testing of clinical specimens using state of the art automated methods in a team environment, and following established policies and procedures in a professional manner.
– Ensures that all group members adhere to quality control policies and documents all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations, reagent preparation and testing, and instrument maintenance performed.
– Identifies problems that may adversely affect test performance and notifies key individuals.
– Detects when test performance is not within acceptable levels. Documents all corrective action.
– Able to document that proficiency testing is performed in the same manner as patient testing.
– Meets or exceeds target workload with high accuracy and attention to detail.
– Specific tasks for this job in this section may include the following:
a. Coordinates daily schedules, distribution of work and usage of laboratory resources.
b. Oversees training of new hires, fellows and students.
c. Develops and implements improvements to lab workflow.
d. May function as a team lead or primary analyst.
– Must have direct experience with advanced molecular techniques including isolation of human genomic DNA/Pathogen RNA/DNA, next-generation sequencing library production, hybrid capture and/or amplicon target enrichment, and sequencer operation.
– Experience with molecular microbiology and inherited disease testing.
– Experience with clinical diagnostics, bioinformatics, and/or variant analysis preferred.
– Experience with CLIA/CAP/COLA regulatory documentation.
– Willingness to work with human specimens in a regulated BSL-2 laboratory environment.
– Dedicated individual with strong communication skills who is able to work independently and in a team environment.
– A proven track record to efficiently and accurately deliver results for project deadlines and testing turnaround
– ASCP Certification
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 15 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#DS Job ID: 11919