Are you looking to be on the front line of COVID testing for the cruise industry? Are you an experienced Molecular Technical Supervisor looking to join one of the leading regional labs in the country? Then we have job for you in beautiful Miami, Florida.
Molecular Technical Supervisor is in charge of molecular testing, with initial focus on COVID-19 Testing, with future additional panels. Mainly responsible for overseeing testing activities, including equipment, test validation, troubleshooting and reporting on infectious disease panels. Taking responsibility for clinical laboratory’s testing being carried out in accordance with procedures ensuring corrective actions are taken to resolve any technical problems that arise.
The Molecular Technical supervisor is responsible for the supervisor of molecular testing personnel within the laboratory facility.
Responsibilities and Duties
·- Establish performance criteria for laboratory tests.
– Monitor participation in approved proficiency testing program.
– Establish a quality control program appropriate for high complexity molecular diagnostics and acceptable levels of analytical performance.
– Resolve technical problems and ensure remedial actions are taken when test systems deviate from established performance specifications.
– Ensure that test results are not reported until all corrective actions have been taken and test system is functioning as expected.
– Identify training needs and ensure that testing personnel received necessary training and education.
– Assess competency of testing personnel through direct observation and record review.
·- Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, or biological science or medical technology from an accredited institution.
– 2 years of clinical experience in high-complexity testing
– 2 years of clinical laboratory training and/or experience in molecular diagnostics or microbiology
– Experience with PCR, Liquid-Handling Robotics, and DNA/RNA Extraction instrumentation
– Knowledge and/ or use of PCR techniques and robotic systems
– Current Florida/Utah State License required and MB(ASCP) preferred
– Health, Vision, Dental
– 401k retirement plan
– Paid vacation, holidays, sick and personal time
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#DS Job ID: 13095