Lighthouse Lab Services is excited to represent a laboratory in San Diego, CA that is looking for an Associate Medical Technician IV position to add to their growing team!
The main function of an Associate Med Tech is to perform routine medical laboratory tests for the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. A typical Associate Med Tech may work under the supervision of a Medical Technologist.
- Supervise the setup, adjusting, maintenance and cleaning of medical laboratory equipment.
- Perform routine and complex technical procedures and functions according to departmental Standard Operating Procedures.
- Review and approve the results of tests and experiments to ensure conformity to specifications, using special mechanical and electrical devices.
- Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria.
- Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving.
- Prepare, test and evaluate new reagents or controls
- Review the record of test data for accuracy.
- Review pathology results when abnormal cells are found.
- May conduct chemical analyses of body fluids, such as blood and urine, using microscope or automatic analyzer to detect abnormalities or diseases, and enter findings into computer.
- May conduct blood tests for transfusion purposes and perform blood counts.
- May collect blood or tissue samples from patients, observing principles of asepsis to obtain blood sample.
- Report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver quality patient care.
- Perform and document preventive maintenance and quality control procedures.
- Identify and replenish testing bench supplies as necessary.
- Assist with processing of specimens when needed.
- Maintain a safe work environment and wear appropriate personal protective equipment
- Monitor, operate and troubleshoot instrumentation to ensure proper functionality.
- Maintains accurate laboratory records on procedures performed for statistics and billing.
- Meets current documentation standards and policies.
- Interacts professionally with the Laboratory General Supervisor, Lab Director, and clinical laboratory personnel.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
- Strong knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries and diseases.
- Strong ability to analyze data and accurately document and record results.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology or a related science (or 24 credits in Chemistry/Biology constituting a biological science major) as required by CLIA
- 1 of clinical Laboratory testing experienced for the position
- ASCP or AMT certification preferred
- CA State Certification is required
- Salary commensurate with education, skills, and experience.
- 1st Shift: 7:30a-4:00p M-F and every 3rd weekend
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has more than 18 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 844-914-0785 | lighthouselabservices.com