Lighthouse Lab Services is excited to represent a laboratory in Monrovia, CA that is looking for a Temp Histotechnician V to join their growing team!
The Histotechnician will perform all routine and special paraffin histotechnology duties in our state of the art, CAP-certified pathology laboratory. Under the guidance of a Senior or Lead Histotechnologist, the perfect candidate will provide high quality diagnostic material within established turn-around-times. Must have skills in microtomy, grossing, processing, embedding, cutting and routine special staining techniques.
- Section the embedded tissue, using a microtome and mount the section properly on a microscope slide.
- Processes human tissue and body fluid specimens in preparation for microscopic exam.
- Performs accurate gross description on tissue samples.
- Performs various immunohistochemical tests on formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue sections.
- Processes mounted sections through routine and special staining procedures.
- Properly orients and embs surgical tissue specimens.
- Prepares the stains and reagents needed for special procedures.
- Performs technical duties related to the production of histopathological slides of surgical specimens.
- Performs quality control procedures established for each method and maintains accurate records.
- Operates all instruments/ equipment according to accepted written procedures and recognizes and identifies instrument/ equipment problems.
- Meets acceptable turnaround time and productivity standards for the section.
- Reports accurate and timely test results in order to deliver quality patient care.
- Recognizes testing errors/discrepancies or problems and notifies appropriate personnel; assists in problem resolution.
- Records, transcribes, and maintains records of patient test results according to protocol.
- Assists other personnel with identifying and analyzing inconsistent and abnormal results.
- Reviews accuracy and completeness of results prior to releasing in the Laboratory Information System.
- Completes routine and STAT testing within acceptable turn-around time guidelines
- Initiates and participates in quality safety and compliance programs.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
- A.S. in Histology, Medical Laboratory Technology, or related field
- Completion of accredited Histology program preferred
- HT (ASCP) preferred but not required
- 1-10 years of experience as a Histotechnician preferred
- CA State license
Salary / Shift / Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with education and experience
- 1st Shift: Monday – Friday: 8:30PM – 5AM
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 18 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.??
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.??
Lighthouse Lab Services | 844-334-1658 | lighthouselabservices.com?
#LK # 15509