Lighthouse Lab Services is the leading provider of clinical laboratory personnel. Currently, we are working with a hospital near Seattle, WA that is looking for a Temp Laboratory Technician to join their team.
The main function of a lab technician is to perform routine medical laboratory tests for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease. A typical lab technician may work under the supervision of a medical technologist.
- 1st shift
- 2nd shift
- 3rd shift
- Set up, adjust, maintain and clean medical laboratory equipment.
- Analyze the results of tests and experiments to ensure conformity to specifications, using special mechanical and electrical devices.
- Analyze, gather and record test data to issue reports that use charts, graphs and narratives.
- Obtain specimens, cultivating, isolating and identifying microorganisms for analysis.
- May examine cells stained with dye to locate abnormalities.
- Consult with a pathologist to determine a final diagnosis when abnormal cells are found.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Associate's degree in medical technology or vocational training preferred.
- 2-4 years experience required.
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and problem solving skills.
- Basic ability to work independently and manage ones time.
- Basic knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries and diseases.
- Basic ability to analyze data and accurately document and record results.
- Competitive hourly rate (based on experience)
- Health, vision, dental
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 844-334-1658 | lighthouselabservices.com
#VT Job ID: 15719