Lighthouse Lab Services is excited to represent a laboratory in Calabasas Hills, CA that is looking for a Temp Laboratory Technician I position to add to their growing team!
The main function of a Lab Technician I is to perform routine medical laboratory tests for the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. A typical Lab Technician I may work under the supervision of a Medical Technologist.
- Set up, adjust, maintain, and clean medical laboratory equipment.
- Prepare laboratory specimens for various analysis and testing
- Research, troubleshoot and resolve customer and specimen problems
- Send test requests to proper location and release test results
- Assist clients with any specimen related requests or inquires
- Process specimens to be sent out to additional facilities
- Provide support to various areas of the laboratory
- Perform sample sorting, racking and retrieving
- Prepare record logs in a timely and efficient manner
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Analyze the results of tests and experiments to ensure conformity to specifications, using special mechanical and electrical devices.
- Analyze, gather, and record test data to issue reports that use charts, graphs and narratives.
- Obtain specimens, cultivating, isolating, and identifying microorganisms for analysis.
- May examine cells stained with dye to locate abnormalities.
- Consult with a pathologist to determine a final diagnosis when abnormal cells are found. Performs quality control procedures and instrument checks.
- Maintains accurate laboratory records on procedures performed for statistics and billing.
- Meets current documentation standards and policies.
- Interacts professionally with the Laboratory General Supervisor, Lab Director, and clinical laboratory personnel.
- Follows standard precautions at all times.
- Manages and operates laboratory equipment safely and correctly.
- Basic ability to work independently and manage one’s own time.
- Basic knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries and diseases.
- Basic ability to analyze data and accurately document and record results.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associate degree in medical technology or vocational training preferred.
- 0-2 years of experience in a laboratory environment
- Salary commensurate with education, skills, and experience
- 2nd Shift 8p-4:30a Tuesday-Saturday
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has more than 18 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 844-914-0785 | lighthouselabservices.com
#LK # 15444