Lighthouse Lab Services is the leading provider of laboratory personnel. Currently, we are working with a laboratory in Oklahoma City, OK that is looking for a temporary Medical Technologist to join their team for laboratory testing. This will be a day shift, Monday-Friday 7:00AM-3:00PM position. The Medical Technologist will perform testing and assist with the day-to-day operations of the lab.
Perform established general laboratory tests and procedures under the supervision of the Laboratory Manager and Supervisor.
Duties also include clerical tasks in record keeping, answering telephone inquiries, using data processing equipment. May be called on to perform duties outside of the assigned section as long as these are within the area of licensure and /or training.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Label, access, and process specimens properly and route them correctly to other areas of the laboratory.
– Maintain permanent records of tests, standards, controls, results, dates and patient’s name, for reference and quality control or method comparison/validation purposes. Document anything unusual in these categories.
– Perform instrument maintenance and troubleshooting as specified in section procedure manuals.
– Document instrument function checks, problems, and solutions.
– Follow established procedures to perform routine and special testing.
– Confirm use of the proper procedure by consulting supervisor, or the specific procedure manual.
– Run controls and calibrations as scheduled.
– Bachelor or Associate Degree required
– Working knowledge of PC applications required.
– Previous related experience preferred.
– Strong communication skills
– ASCP required or qualified to get it the first year.
– One year of hospital experience required
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 18 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities.
If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 844-974-1929 | lighthouselabservices.com
#BW Job ID #15386