Lighthouse Lab Services is partnered with a health center in Mahnomen, MN looking for a TEMP Medical Technologist. The right candidate will report to the Laboratory Supervisor and be responsible for performing tests, recording ,and reporting results on specimens in a timely and accurate manner according to established standards to assist the physician in diagnosis and treatment of the patients.
Specific job duties include but are not limited to:
- Collect and/or process biological specimens and other substances.
- Perform, record, and report results of analytical tests of body fluids, cells, and other substances and confirm normal results.
- Integrate and relate data generated by the various clinical laboratory departments while making decisions regarding possible discrepancies.
- Perform and verify quality control procedures and documents discrepancies.
- Apply principles of educational methodology in training students.
- Demonstrate compliance with infection control policies and procedures.
- Perform work in a manner that reduces risk of transmission of infection to patients, self, and co-workers.
- Develop and execute solutions to solve quality control, quality assurance, and patient data discrepancies to maintain accuracy and precision.
- Assist in developing and establishing procedures for collecting, processing, and analyzing biological specimens and other substances.
- Assist in developing, evaluating, and selecting new techniques, instruments, and methods in terms of their usefulness and practicality within the context of a given laboratory's personnel, equipment, space, and budgetary resources.
- Demonstrate skill in use of equipment relevant to position; verbalize knowledge of appropriate safety procedures.
- Perform preventive maintenance and periodic safety inspections on equipment.
- Consistently inform appropriate person of problems encountered with repairs of calibration of equipment.
- Perform documentation and record keeping on all inspection, test, and repair work done on equipment.
- Diagnose equipment problems; fix or seek out someone to fix.
- Demonstrate skill in assessing, preparing, and using information as relevant to position.
- Verbalize and demonstrates knowledge of procedures for maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family, and other medical information.
- Demonstrate ability to collect, analyze and present data as appropriate to position.
- Demonstrate both knowledge and application of employer policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Facilitate and support change within the workplace
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous learning for themself and staff.
- Demonstrate and apply continuous quality improvement knowledge and skills.
- Recognize safety hazards and takes corrective action; seeking assistance when needed.
- Demonstrate knowledge of operational policies and procedures.
- Perform work safely, without causing harm or risk to self, others, or property.
Minimum Preferred Profile:
- Medical Technologist (ASCP) required
- Requires BS in Medical Technology
- Knowledge of laboratory equipment, procedures, CLIA regulations, and quality control methods.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
Salary, Benefits, Schedule:
- Salary Commensurate with education, experience, and certification
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- First shift M-F, one overnight a month, and one weekend a month
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 18 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com