Lighthouse Lab Services is excited to represent a laboratory near Durham, NC that is looking for a Sample Handler to join their growing team!
- Prepare study materials prior to sample processing collection.
- Operate basic to moderate equipment to process samples and input data.
- Set up, adjust, maintain and clean medical laboratory equipment.
- Analyze the results of tests and experiments to ensure conformity to specifications, using special mechanical and electrical devices.
- Obtain specimens, cultivating, isolating and identifying microorganisms for analysis.
- May examine cells stained with dye to locate abnormalities.
- Consult with a pathologist to determine a final diagnosis when abnormal cells are found.
- Process and store samples for analysis.
- Record raw data
- High school diploma or GED required
- Associate's degree in medical technology or vocational training preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar role required.
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Basic ability to work independently
- Basic knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries and diseases.
- Basic ability to analyze data and accurately document and record results.
Shift & Salary:
- Tuesday-Saturday 9:00AM-5:30PM
- Competitive Hourly Rate (based on experience)
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 18 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance
Lighthouse Lab Services | 844-334-1658 | lighthouselabservices.com