Lighthouse Lab Services is the USA's premier laboratory consulting, management, and recruiting company. With decades of laboratory start-up and operational experience, we've cultivated a collaborative team of scientists, consultants, and industry experts. We enjoy a rewarding atmosphere built on teamwork, recognition, and growth. This atmosphere enables us to provide innovative solutions and extraordinary client service to fulfill our mission of making laboratory testing more accessible.
We are looking for a Toxicology Laboratory Specialist Supervisor to join our team and help us with the client facing side of our business.
If you're up for an incredibly rewarding challenge, we'd be honored to hear from you.
Snapshot / What You'll Do:
The Laboratory Specialist Supervisor is the leader of the Production team, conducts guidance and supports company decisions within a wide scope of laboratory functions, particularly with regards to data analysis, review, and client support. The incumbent is responsible for managing assigned reports by furthering the team’s collaborative atmosphere, communicating company goals, policies, deadlines, conducting peer reviews, and monitoring individual KPIs. This position manages a team of employees, including involvement in the training and hiring of team members, providing high-level client support, and monitoring and reporting on the team’s performance. The incumbent also makes higher-level decisions regarding data analysis and review sign-off decisions, involving raw data analysis, prescription verification, historical data confirmation, and reporting as needed.
As the Laboratory Specialist Supervisor, the incumbent is expected to reflect competence in all areas of laboratory activities and provides leadership through example and delegated reporting and management responsibilities to continuously improve on processes. The incumbent is expected to display a strong professional presence, be able to effectively serve clients directly, and actively seek and take advantage of opportunities to learn new skills and acquire expertise on relevant scientific, technological, industry trends.
– Advanced Degree or advanced experience in Chemistry, Biology, or Medical Laboratory Sciences, required.
– Industrial/clinical laboratory experience
– Mass spectrometry and immunoassay experience
– Minimum 3 years laboratory experience
– Minimum 3 years data analysis experience
– Laboratory skills in a fast-paced clinical laboratory environment
– Exceptional professionalism
– Uses sound judgement in escalating appropriate issues to manager
– Quality oriented approach
– Ability to effectively communicate results
– Well developed written and verbal skills
– Ability to lead a team to work to the best of their ability and maintaining accuracy of their work
– Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
– Impeccable organizational and time management skills
– Ability to work/communicate effectively with all levels of staff and clients
– Demonstrated ability to manage and maintain confidential information, documents, etc.?
– ?Ability to work in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment with pressure to meet deadlines
– Willingness to be flexible
– Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
Salary and Benefits:
– Full-time salary position (starting at $60,000)
– Medical, Vision, and Dental Benefit offerings
– 15 days Paid Time Off (vacation and sick days)
– After 3 years at the company, you'll accrue an addition PTO day yearly
– 8 Paid Holidays
– 401(k) retirement plan: We will match 100% of your contributions up to 3% of annual salary, then 50% of your contributions for the next 2% (up to 5% of your salary)
– Company-provided short and long-term disability insurance
– Life Insurance + AD&D
– Paid Volunteer Time Off
– Partially Paid Medical Leave / Paid Parental Leave
– Company sponsored events, socials, snacks + more
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has more than 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#SS Job ID# 13503