Lighthouse Lab Services is partnering with a high complexity lab in Atlanta, Georgia to fill a full-time Toxicology Technologist position with someone who's highly skilled and competent. Our client is urgently looking for someone to join their team to perform chemistry analyzer and LCMS testing. This person will also fill the CLIA roles of Technical Supervisor and General Supervisor.
You'll be responsible for the receipt, organization, and testing, as assigned, of daily patient specimens, as well as first level instrument maintenance and troubleshooting with the support of laboratory staff, and under the supervision of the Laboratory Director.
The laboratory technologist will adhere to protocols and quality measures while performing sample preparation and operating laboratory instrumentation.
The Role You'll Play:
- Perform production workflow as described in standard operating procedures;
- Perform sample receiving, preparation, and accessioning as described in standard operating procedures;
- Maintain laboratory documentation;
- Complete projects, other tasks, and assignments as directed by management;
- Manage laboratory inventory and order additional supplies as needed and in compliance with process instructions from managers;
- Work to ensure process is compliant with the lab’s standard operating procedures as well as relevant laws, rules, and regulations applicable to the laboratory
- Proactively promotes client satisfaction
- Leading the tracking and completion of projects as directed
- Completes all administration duties
- Works independently and as part of team
- Completes mandatory training and professional development as required or requested.
- Attends company meetings as required or requested.
- Ensures adherence to all State and Federal laws, guidelines and regulations including compliance with CLIA and CAP regulations.
- Maintain HIPAA requirements at all times.
- Adheres specifically to all company policies and procedures, Federal and State regulations and laws
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Competitive (based on experience)
- Doctoral Degree in a relevant scientific field PLUS 2 years of relevant high-complexity lab experience within clinical toxicology
- M.S. Degree in Medical Lab Science or relevant field PLUS 3 years of relevant high-complexity lab experience within clinical toxicology
- B.S. in a Medical Laboratory Science or related field PLUS 4 years of relevant high-complexity lab experience within clinical toxicology
- Prior experience working with LCMS instruments, performing validations, troubleshooting, maintenance, screening/confirmation, and method development considered a big plus
- Prior experience in a CLIA/COLA-certified laboratory highly preferred
- ASCP or other equivalent national certification as an MLS/MT or Chemist required
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#WB Job # 12112