Lighthouse Lab Services has partnered with a growing reference laboratory near Detroit Michigan in search of a Toxicology Technical Supervisor to join its ranks. In depth knowledge of Shimadzu is required as trouble shooting will be a main responsibility.
You will be responsible for the oversight of the LCMS testing personnel as well as the overall responsibility for the planning, coordination, evaluation, and supervision of all technical and/or operational activities and staff members in the laboratory. Responsible for performing duties so as to operate the lab with the highest quality safety and integrity, and in an efficient, economical and businesslike manner are of utmost importance.
– Plans, assigns, and directs work in the laboratory. Serves as liaison with other areas as needed.
– Mentors and supports direct reports, i.e. Supervisors, QA Specialists and Biosafety Officer/Coordinator in their responsibilities and functions, ensuring they receive training in supervisory skill development. Identifies and implements training programs as necessary.
– Defines, coordinates, and monitors quality assurance programs and supervises activities of the Quality Assurance Specialist. Ensures quality control and compliance procedures are followed and QC reports are up to date.
– Is familiar with the regulatory requirements specific to the lab and the accrediting agency. Oversees plans and preparations for inspections.
– Oversees staffing of all personnel in the laboratory. Effectively
maintains quality staffing by interviewing, hiring, training and
providing staff development through performance evaluation and
corrective counseling. Also schedules employees and assigns tasks.
– Identifies future needs in terms of staff, equipment, and facilities.
Submits appropriate documentation for procurement of such.
– Reviews test performance, drives process and project management,
and prepares and submits required reports to meet established
– Manages test database. Ensures departmental standard operating
procedures and database accurately reflects the current process.
– Coordinates R&D activities as it relates to operations and actively
participates on subspecialty committees, corporate committees, and
business unit committees as needed.
– Develops annual budget and manages department costs and
resources to adhere to budget.
– Resolves problems by consulting with the laboratory director, the technical supervisor, or other health care professionals.
– Updates and maintains the Lab Safety Manual and the SDS Manual.
– Defines, coordinates and monitors Biohazard Safety programs and supervises activities of the Biohazard Officer/Coordinator. Ensures OSHA regulatory standards and safety procedures are followed.
– Ensures that the lab is organized/sanitized, properly stocked and maintained in an orderly manner.
– Complies with state, federal and professional continuing education licensure requirements.
– Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications and participating in professional societies.
– Bachelor's degree in life sciences required. Masters degree is preferred.
– Minimum of 4 years laboratory experience with at least 4 years of direct
supervisory experience in the clinical or anatomical pathology
Salary and Benefits:
– Health, Vision, Dental
– PTO & Holidays
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#KW Job ID: 11964