Travel Medical Laboratory Technician
Charlotte, NC · Job ID: 10125 · · Industry: Staff LaboratoryTravel Opportunity
Lighthouse Lab Services is looking for an experienced travel tech to work a 9-week contract position with a leading healthcare facility in Charlotte, NC! In this position you will work the 3rd shift 10pm-8:30pm. 30 hours a week in the Chemistry department. The facility also has a 13 week evening shift contract available. 4X10's and 2:00-1:30am in the Core Lab department.
– Performs laboratory analysis on received specimens, providing clinical information for
diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases. Responsible for overall quality,
efficiency, and safety in the performance of assigned technical duties.
– Demonstrates proficiency and follows testing procedures and policies by
adherence to quality assurance guidelines for equipment and work area,
documenting corrective action to any non-conforming event.
– Prepares reagents, maintains an adequate supply of materials for test
procedures and manages inventory to effectively reduce departmental
– Exercises clinical judgment in assessing priorities while identifying, problem
solving and offering solutions to test systems through the appropriate department
channels, i.e. contacts hotline to troubleshoot with a specialist when necessary to
resolve the issue or set-up service when appropriate.
– Assists with review and revision of procedures and documentation related to
accreditation, adhering to all regulatory requirements for various authorities,
including but not limited to CAP, TJC, OSHA.
– Maintains clear, real time communications shift-to-shift and with leadership
regarding issues, concerns and problems which may affect patient care or the
operation of the department.
– Participates in planning and implementing change through participation in staff
meetings, task forces or projects.
– Participates in competency assessment program, where qualified.
– Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology
– Prior experience with Beckman Coulter, IRIS and BacT Alert
– MT/MLS ASCP certification
– 2+ years of Generalist experience
– Meals- $6/hour
– Housing- $11/hour
– Base Rate- $2/hour
-Health Vision Dental
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#KW Job ID: 10125