Lighthouse Lab Services is currently seeking an Executive Vice President of Lab Operations to join a rapidly expanding independent laboratory in Louisiana. The EVP will report directly to the CEO/Owner and act as their right-hand man. The selected candidate will oversee the day-to-day operations of the lab and the personnel there.
The EVP will provide leadership to ensure the organization remains responsive to the communities it serves. To ensure the continued provision of high quality services, the EVP develops positive working relationships with the medical staff, administration and employees based on mutual trust and partnership. This individual should also be visible within the laboratory organization and be open to issues and concerns of the clients, employees, patients, and their families.
Major responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
– Assists in setting the strategic direction for the laboratory.
– With the Administrative team and department managers, develops the budget, submits it for Board approval and manages the laboratory according to the approved budget.
– Provides leadership, direction and administration for all aspects of laboratory activities to ensure compliance with regulations governing hospitals and rules of licensing and accrediting bodies to realize quality, economical healthcare services and related line of business.
– Provides the medical staff with guidance as it fulfills its assigned functions. Leads recruitment and retention activities for qualified providers.
– Evaluates and recommends potential acquisitions, development and expansion of desirable healthcare facilities, equipment and services.
– Represents the laboratory in its relationships with other health organizations, government agencies, third party payers, and community organizations and groups.
– Manages employees through the Administrative and department manager teams.
– Establishes performance objectives and allocates resources to carry out objectives.
– Advises on financial strategies and recommendations to maintain viability and market share.
– Ensures compliance with all federal, state and accrediting bodies.
– A Bachelor’s degree is required with a strong preference for a Master’s Degree in healthcare administration, business administration, clinical specialty or related field. Relative experience in lieu of a Master’s Degree will be considered.
– 3+ years of experience in healthcare administration previously holding roles such as Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operations Officer, Vice President or similar executive level position.
– Demonstrated skill in the area of strategic, budgeting and facility planning and implementation of the plan.
– Exhibits and models personal qualities and skills that reflect high standards of ethics, honesty, and integrity.
– Demonstrates specific skills in areas of organizational development, communication, conflict resolution, and diplomacy.
– An understanding of current healthcare trends, legal issues and solid business and financial skills are required.
– Must possess excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively relate to people at all levels.
– Proven leadership skills to help the organization determine its direction and provide a focus point for the organization.
– Must possess strong interpersonal skills that include approachability, and being a good listener.
Salary and Benefits:
– Highly Competitive Salary (based on experience)
– Health/Dental Insurance (50% of premium paid for by the company)
– Basic Life Insurance ($50,000 for employees)
– Vision Insurance
– Flexible Spending Account/Healthcare Savings Account
– Short-Term Disability
– Long-Term Disability
– Life and AD&D Insurance
– Accident Insurance
– Critical Illness Insurance
– Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
– 8 Paid Holidays
– 1 Paid Floating Holiday
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com