Lighthouse Lab Services is on the hunt for a VP of Lab Operations to join a well established, CLIA certified, laboratory that specializes in Molecular diagnostics and research. The ideal candidate will have previous experience managing multiple laboratories, international experience is strongly preferred.
This laboratory is big on automation and focuses on Genetic testing, Biopsy indications, and heart diseases. The lab uses the following equipment; QuantStudio 12k, Ion torrent, Promega Maxwell Extraction, Novaseq 2000, Hologic Panther, etc.
– Assists in setting the strategic direction for the laboratory.
– With the Administrative team and department managers, develops the budget, submits it for Board approval and manages the laboratory according to the approved budget.
– Provides leadership, direction and administration for all aspects of laboratory activities to ensure compliance with regulations governing hospitals and rules of licensing and accrediting bodies to realize quality, economical healthcare services and related line of business.
– Provides the medical staff with guidance as it fulfills its assigned functions. Leads recruitment and retention activities for qualified providers.
– Evaluates and recommends potential acquisitions, development and expansion of desirable healthcare facilities, equipment and services.
– Represents the laboratory in its relationships with other health organizations, government agencies, third party payers, and community organizations and groups.
– Manages employees through the Administrative and department manager teams.
– Establishes performance objectives and allocates resources to carry out objectives.
– Advises on financial strategies and recommendations to maintain viability and market share.
– Ensures compliance with all federal, state and accrediting bodies.
– Previous experience managing international laboratories
– 3+ years of experience in healthcare administration previously holding roles such as Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operations Officer, Vice President or similar executive level position.
– Demonstrated skill in the area of strategic, budgeting and facility planning and implementation of the plan.
– Exhibits and models personal qualities and skills that reflect high standards of ethics, honesty, and integrity.
– Demonstrates specific skills in areas of organizational development, communication, conflict resolution, and diplomacy.
– An understanding of current healthcare trends, legal issues and solid business and financial skills are required.
– Must possess excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively relate to people at all levels.
– Proven leadership skills to help the organization determine its direction and provide a focus point for the organization.
– Must possess strong interpersonal skills that include approachability, and being a good listener
Salary and Benefits;
-160k-180k (depending on experience)
– Health, Vision, Dental,
– 401k upcoming
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#KW Job ID #12340