Raleigh, NC · Job ID: 10118 · · Industry: Laboratory Management
Calling all Pathologists! Are you ready to take your skills to the next level? Lighthouse Lab Services is currently representing a major Clinical Lab Services provider in the Raleigh/Durham, NC area and we would like to talk to you.
– Review and report surgical pathology and cytology samples including routine H&E staining, Immuno-histochemistry and FISH assays on a daily basis.
– Serve as the CLIA Lab Director and maintain credentials to support CLIA regulations for High Complexity testing labs including acceptable board certifications. This includes all qualifications to meet the NY State CLIA Oncology – Molecular and Cellular Tumor Markers Certification.
– Provide recommendations on appropriate protocols and policies for implementing genomic based CLIA-level assay as the genomic AP and Molecular Pathology Subject Matter Expert globally.
– Establish the AP laboratory from the ground up including (but not limited to) implementation of globally harmonized protocols, evaluation and selection of equipment, layout and workflow of the physical laboratory space, drafting and finalizing SOP’s, implementing relevant proficiency evaluation processes, and hiring and training of staff.
– Ensure reporting is completed within the TAT required for the assay/ study.
– Comply with the international standards for scoring of the assays and participate in peer review programs, CAP proficiency surveys on a regular basis.
– Participate in the development and validation of new assays in AP or Genomics lab with review and interpretation of results for new assays on a regular basis. Involved in trouble shooting and resolution of technical issues related to assay protocol.
– Participate in the training sessions with pharma and other diagnostic partners for scoring of new assays leading to certification and subsequent analysis of patient samples.
– Participate in sponsor discussions for new study requests and / or new assay development as and when required.
– Participate in scientific review for new study requests, provide pathologist expertise and input for the study requirements as and when required.
– Ensure that the highest standards of quality and customer service are maintained. Collaborate with Quality Assurance staff on development and implementation of effective programs. Monitor outside proficiency testing program as required; take corrective action promptly when results are unsatisfactory.
– Establish effective staff selection and training program to ensure that qualified staff are hired and continuously trained in order to remain current on testing procedures.
– Keep abreast of new technical developments. Implement new tests, equipment, programs and/or procedures in the department as needed. Lead continuous improvement initiatives to increase quality of services and operational efficiency.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
– MD with Board certification in Anatomic Pathology with experience in Molecular Pathology.
– NYCQ in the following:
–Oncology – Molecular and Cellular Tumor Markers for the FFPE/tumor based testing
–Genetic Testing for any hereditary testing
– Applicable certifications and licenses as required by country, state, and/or other regulatory bodies
– Experience in Molecular Pathology is an advantage.
– Experience as an Anatomic Pathologist in either hospital or pharmaceutical industry is an advantage.
– In depth knowledge of molecular pathology and complex genomic testing assays including Next Generation Sequencing, and their applicability in clinical trials.
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
# DS Job ID: 10118