Lighthouse Lab Services
Last modified: Feb 2, 2022
LMSI, LLC d/b/a Lighthouse Lab Services (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.lighthouselabservices.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at:
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and web beacons.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- In any other way, we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form). For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of LMSI, LLC d/b/a Lighthouse Lab Services’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by LMSI, LLC d/b/a Lighthouse Lab Services about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of LMSI, LLC d/b/a Lighthouse Lab Services, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt-out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
Neither we nor our website processes personal data as part of any activities of an entity (or branch) established in the European Union (the “EU”). Likewise, neither we nor this website offer goods/services (paid or for free) for monitoring the behavior of individuals in the EU.
Individuals or entities residing within the EU, or EU Citizens (residing within or outside of the EU), should not utilize this website for conducting business with us. EU residents and citizens wishing to conduct business with us should contact us via the email or telephone numbers provided on this website for additional information and assistance.
Neither we nor our website processes personal data as part of any activities of an entity (or branch) established in Canada. Likewise, neither we nor this website offer goods/services (paid or for free) for monitoring the behavior of individuals in Canada.
Individuals or entities residing within Canada, or Canadian Citizens (residing within or outside of Canada), should not utilize this website for conducting business with us. Canadian residents and citizens wishing to conduct business with us should contact us via the email or telephone numbers provided on this website for additional information and assistance.
To register a complaint or concern, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Lighthouse Lab Services Website Cookie Usage
Lighthouse Lab Services’ websites use “cookies” to help personalize the online experience. A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s computer or mobile device. Cookies allow us, among other things, to store your preferences and settings, enable you to sign-in, and analyze how our websites and services are performing. They allow us to identify those devices when they return to a site, in order to provide you with a more seamless experience, facilitating your use of Lighthouse Lab’s websites, and/or to aid Lighthouse Lab in improving the user experience. You can set your browser to notify you before you receive a cookie, giving you the option of whether to accept it. You can also set your browser to turn off cookies. If you do so, areas of some sites may not function properly.
Types of Cookies Used
These are cookies that are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through Lighthouse Lab’s sites and to use some of its features, and they cannot be switched off in Lighthouse Lab’s systems. These cookies may gather certain pieces of information, such as Internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), and browser setting information. This information is not stored after you end your session.
You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site may not work if they are blocked.
These cookies allow us to measure and understand how our sites are used by visitors by identifying which pages are the most and least popular and where we can improve the performance of our site.
All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
These are cookies that are placed on your machine in response to a specific activity or request by you, such as logging in to areas of the site, in order to ensure the site provides you with the experience you have requested. These cookies may be persistent, meaning they will continue to function when you’ve started a new session, so that you don’t have to log-in repeatedly. These cookies also enable Lighthouse Lab Services to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on the site.
These cookies may also collect the user’s location-based information for the purposes of matching the user job search criteria on our career site. This information is only shared with the mapping provider for the sole purpose of providing the user with the location-based job search Service. The user may turn off any geo-locating tracking at the device level. By turning off the location tracking, any geographically based services on our Career Site will no longer be available to you.
Our partners and service providers may use session cookies to anonymously track page interactions, which improves your site experience. Our third-party partners employ images and scripts that help them better manage content on our site.
Third Parties, with whom we partner to provide certain features on our sites or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity, use Flash cookies to collect and store information. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and how data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies. You can learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies, as described under the heading “How can I control cookies?” below.
Our third-party partners do not tie the information gathered to our user’s personally identifiable information.
Users can control the use of third-party cookies as follows:
- Google Maps: Our sites provide geographical information for job applications. You can deny the use of this permission by declining the browser prompt to access your location information. By declining consent to the Google Maps cookie, certain features such as job distance will be unavailable.
Note: For links to non-Lighthouse Lab organizations, Lighthouse Lab Services is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. We recommend you review the terms and conditions of use and privacy policies in place on such websites.
Declining and Controlling Cookies
If you decline consent to cookies, you may still use our sites, but your ability to use some areas of the sites, will be limited. You are able to control cookies from your browser-level settings. Each browser typically allows a user to enable, disable, block, allow, or remove cookies by visiting the settings, tools, or preferences tab that can be located within the browser itself. For additional questions regarding any specific browser, please contact your browser support directly.
The information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only. Information on this website may not constitute the most up-to-date legal or other information.