Associate Director of Cytogenomics
Bethesda, MD · Job ID: 10117 · · Industry: Laboratory Management
Are you ABMGG board-certified and want to work for one of the leading genetic testing companies in the US? Are you ready to take your skills to the next level? Lighthouse Lab Services is currently representing a rapidly growing CAP and CLIA certified diagnostic genetic testing laboratory for molecular genetics near the Bethesda, MD area.
· Serves as an expert for review, interpretation and sign-out of microarray results.
· Reviews, interprets and reports other assays used for detection of copy number variants such as MLPA and qPCR.
· Provides skilled management and interpretation of complex copy number variant cases
· Assists with improvement to analysis and reporting workflows
· Assist with training of analysts when new practices are established
· Manages laboratory databases and statistical data
· Participates in client service and communication
· Represents the client at national and international meetings; contributes to publications
· ABMGG board-certified PhD, MD, or DO with certification in Clinical Molecular Genetics and/or Clinical Cytogenetics.
· Candidates with a minimum of 1 year relevant experience will be considered for an Assistant Director position
· Associate Director: Minimum of 3 years relevant experience
· Excellent time and project management and communication skills
· Highly-motivated, creative, independent yet team-oriented
· Passionate about serving the patient community
· Paid Time Off (vacation, sick, personal, holiday, jury duty, bereavement leave)
· Health, dental, vision, life insurance, LT/ST disability plans
· Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
· Health Savings Account (HSA)
· 401K retirement savings plan with a 4% company match and immediate vesting
· Employee Discounts (cell phone service, movie tickets, etc.)
· Regular performance appraisals
· Many promotions from within
· Business casual
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
# DS Job ID: 10117