Chemistry Lab Supervisor
Tampa, FL · Job ID: 10171 · · Industry: Laboratory Management
Question: What kind of dogs do Chemists have?
Answer: A Lab!
If this is your type of humor I have a great opportunity for you!
Lighthouse Lab Services is currently partnering with a top-notch healthcare organization in search of their new Chemistry Lab Supervisor. In this position, you will be joining the day shift team of this tightly knit chemistry lab. Located on the beautiful Gulf coast of central Florida, Tampa is situated in an ideal area with lots to do!
Currently sitting on the edge of your seat to know more? Keep reading to find out!
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
– Provides day to day oversight of testing staff and activities within the laboratory to ensure that quality and regulatory requirements are met and test results are reported within defined turn-around-times.
– Serves as a technical resource for staff when procedural or instrument issues arise.
– Maintains an appropriate level of reagent and supplies to support the volume of testing.
– Maintains department operations in compliance with accreditation and regulatory standards, updating policies and processes to comply with new requirements as needed and verifying accuracy of reporting with the LIS/HIS.
– Ensures that detailed quality control and quality assurance plans are in place to detect errors and monitor processes.
– Performs and reports tests according to standing operating procedures as established in the laboratory.
– Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of testing theory and scientific principles, validation of new assays, routine testing procedures, and instrument operation and maintenance requirements.
– Personnel management: Participates in the hiring of new staff; monitors employee performance and evaluates personnel; counsels employees as appropriate when corrective action is needed.
– Maintains staff schedules, adjusting staff assignments and responsibilities to meet department needs.
– Provides training and orientation for new staff, students, residents, and fellows. Maintains a competency assessment program that meets regulatory requirements.
– Formulates annual operating and capital equipment budgets; monitors financial performance and volumes in order to provide variance explanations and take corrective actions to meet budget goals.
The Ideal Candidate:
– Will have a Bachelor's degree.
– Has 3 years of supervisory experience in the specialties of chemistry and immunology.
– Is currently licensed in both Chemistry and Immunology
– Is able to adapt positively to change and interact effectively and professionally with a wide variety of personalities.
Salary and Benefits:
– Competitive Salary
– Full Benefits
– Tuition Assistance
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
# DS Job ID: 10171