Lighthouse Lab Services is the leading provider of clinical laboratory personnel. Currently, we are working with an independent laboratory in Tampa, FL, that is looking for a Chemistry and Serology Lab Supervisor to join their team. This position will be responsible for overseeing the operations and administration of the clinical laboratory testing for the Chemistry & Serology. Additionally, the Laboratory Manager will create, implement, and manage the policies, procedures and practices for optimal performance of the clinical diagnostics laboratory. This is a great leadership opportunity, where you will have the opportunity to facilitate innovation, manage change, and foster teambuilding to provide the highest quality product for our word-class diagnostics laboratory!
• Direct the daily operational activities of the Chemistry and Serology department; both the technical and non-technical operations
• Effectively manage the staffing of the department and monitor the production schedule to ensure adequate coverage and proper use of overtime, and adjust as needed
• Directly supervisor, train, and mentor laboratory supervisors and have ownership and responsibility for all departmental staff
• Ensure the diagnostics laboratory provides market leading service levels, meeting the needs of our clients and corporate service metrics established for TAT
• Resolve client inquiries and operational issues in a timely manner by consulting with the Medical Director, Technical Director, QA, other laboratory managers, discipline directors, laboratory directors or corporate operations
• Ensure laboratory is compliant with corporate, state and federal regulatory requirements (CAP, CLIA, State, ISO, etc) related to personnel safety and quality of laboratory testing as well as professional conduct
• Assist with developing and implementing laboratory procedures and installation of equipment and methods
• Manage staff including recruiting & hiring qualified and enthusiastic employees, performance management, training and development
• Ensure effective communication with leadership, clients, sales, corporate operations, as well as direct reports and all departmental staff
• Conduct departmental meetings and ensure appropriate departmental communication
• Investigate deviations from established procedures to ensure effective corrective action
• Maintain technical knowledge in the assigned department(s) for the laboratory testing
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment
• Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or a Science related major
• Minimum 5 years of experience as a Technologist in a clinical diagnostics laboratory
• Prior supervisor experience managing several direct reports; 3 year is preferred
• Previous experience managing people leaders is a plus
• FL Supervisor License in Chemistry and Serology is required.
• ASCP certification is preferred
• Experience in a high volume clinical laboratory environment is preferred
• Strong working knowledge of CLIA, CAP and relevant state regulations
• Understanding of laboratory operations as well as policies and procedures
• Proven success in training and developing both technical and non-technical employees
• Ability to problem solve and provide solutions under minimal supervision
• Proficient with Laboratory Information Systems and Microsoft Office
• Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
• High level of attention to detail with strong organizational skills
• Comfortability making decisions in a changing environment
• Ability to handle the physical requirements of the position
Health, Dental, and Vision
Shift is Overnights.
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 18 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities.
If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 844-974-1929 | lighthouselabservices.com
#BW Job ID #15761