Provides assistance in performance of routine and complex tests through the analytical and post-analytical phases.
– Works under the direction of a certified Medical Laboratory Scientist/Medical Technologist for performing routine and complex diagnostic tests.
– Assists in qualitative and quantitative analytical procedures, including reagent preparation, loading and unloading reagents, removing sample trays/plates, basic maintenance, disinfecting and emptying used receptacles on the analyzers.
– Follows policies, procedures, standards and directives in a consistent manner.
– Maintains the skills competency annually as defined by the Phase2 Laboratory Supervisor.
– Demonstrates knowledge of the basic techniques, principles, and analyzer/instrument operation.
– The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned from time to time in Phase2 Lab’s sole discretion
Complexity of work:
– Must be able to work in a stressful environment, within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills and the ability to work with general supervision,
Personal Protective Equipment:
– Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
– No licensure or certification is needed.
– High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) is required.
– Bachelor’s Level Degree (preferred) in physical, chemical or biological science is preferred.
– Minimum one experience is required in a healthcare related work setting. (Clinical Laboratory setting is desired)
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#TR Job ID: 13274