Lighthouse Lab Services is a leading provider of clinical laboratory personnel. We are currently seeking a lab technician to join the Molecular Infectious Disease of an independent laboratory.
This individual will work as an assistant to a highly talented team of molecular biologists, who are seeking an understanding of how to navigate through this pandemic of COVID-19 testing. This position is temporary to fulfill the need of COVID-19 testing. In the event a position is available once the temporary position comes to an end, the Laboratory Technician will be afforded an opportunity to apply.
Shift Times Available:
Tuesday to Saturday 5:00am-1:30pm
Sunday to Thursday 5:00am-1:30pm
Sunday to Thursday 4pm to 1230am
The Clinical Laboratory Technician will perform all necessary laboratory testing in the extraction, amplification, and detection of disease. The Clinical Laboratory Technician will work collaboratively with the laboratory team to provide COVID-19 testing services to the clients.
The Role You'll Play:
- Maintains the laboratory area in a clean and orderly manner. Follows written lab procedures for the correct handling and processing of specimens.
- Performs lab procedures of moderate and high complexity in accordance with standards set forth in sectional laboratory procedures.
- Prepare samples by pipetting and aliquoting biological specimens and prepare extraction and PCR experiments.
- Maintains an up to date working knowledge of all technical procedures in the department and operations of all instrumentation. Reviews all pertinent SOPMs.
- Manipulate and operate simple and complex laboratory equipment including computers; may perform maintenance and problem-solve equipment malfunctions.
- Ensures and maintains quality control and assurance activities. Operates laboratory instruments and performs routine maintenance & procedural calibrations. Diagnoses, troubleshoots and documents all lab instrument and / or reagent problems.
- Follows protocols for acceptance/rejection of patient results.
- Maintains inventory of all lab equipment; store supplies when/if necessary, and sets up lab for the beginning of the day.
- Medium work of lifting up to 50 pounds and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- NYS Department of Education License as a Clinical Laboratory Technician (or higher)
- Associate of Science Degree in Medical Technology, Chemistry, Biology, or Related life Science (or higher), preferred.
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience in a CLIA laboratory (required for Technicians and/or Technologists)
- Computer skills: knowledge of Microsoft Office and other relevant computer programs
- Analytical and numerical skills: ability to perform mathematical calculations (add, subtract, multiply, divide) in different units of measurement; ability to use concepts such as fractions, percentages, and ratios
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to write correspondence and reports
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to perform physically demanding work such as moving and lifting equipment, standing for long periods of time, etc.
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- Health, Vision, Dental
- PTO & Paid Holidays
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#CC Job ID #12442