Purpose of the Position:
The Compliance Officer is responsible for implementing and overseeing the Compliance Program. The Compliance Officer serves as a resource and an advisor to employees on compliance-related matters and is responsible for achieving and maintaining compliance with the Compliance Plan, the Standards of Conduct, and applicable laws and regulations.
– Oversee, coordinate, and monitor day-to-day compliance activities.
– Ensure that the Compliance Program effectively prevents and/or detects violations of law, regulations, policies, or the Standards of Conduct.
– Assist management in establishing methods to prevent and detect illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
– Submit quarterly written reports to the CEO & CFO and/or the Board of Trustees (the “Board”) and be available to meet regarding these reports.
• Circulate copies of the Compliance Plan, including the Standards of Conduct, to new and existing employees and verify that all employees review such documents.
– Provide compliance education and training seminars and verify that all employees attend appropriate sessions.
– Implement and operate retaliation-free reporting channels, including an anonymous telephone reporting system available to all employees and affiliated outside parties.
– Develop protocols for investigating reports of possible violations of any aspect of the Compliance Program.
– Ensure allegations of misconduct are investigated, that follow-up activity is properly documented, and that corrective action is instituted, as necessary.
– Develop, coordinate, and/or oversee internal and external audit procedures for the purpose of monitoring and detecting any misconduct or noncompliance. If any misconduct or noncompliance is detected, recommend corrective action and follow up to ensure ongoing
– Provide input and/or direction to Human Resources to ensure that improper conduct is discouraged and that support of and conformity with the Compliance Program is part of any performance evaluation process for all employees.
– Monitor developments in federal and state laws, regulations, and policies and generally accepted professional standards; disseminating this information as appropriate; and incorporating it into training materials and internal operating manuals and protocols.
– Advise the CFO/CEO and/or the Board regarding whether changes in the Compliance Program or other policies or procedures are necessary and assist in implementing such changes.
– Seek guidance as necessary from legal counsel or other appropriate professionals.
– Provide information to and respond to questions from employees about compliance-related issues.
– Coordinate resources to ensure the ongoing effectiveness of the Compliance Program.
– Fulfill any other responsibilities or perform other activities as directed by the CFO/CEO and/or the Board.
– Bachelor’s degree: Chemistry, Biology, Engineering, or any other related science.
– Master’s degree preferred
– Ability to communicate effectively with and to coordinate the efforts of all levels of personnel.
– Familiarity with the legal requirements relating to compliance in the health care industry, especially those governing state and federal health care programs.
– Excellent organization, facilitation, and presentation skills.
Beyond the Job:
We focus on advanced molecular diagnostics, personalized medicine and non-invasive cancer testing. Our goal is to fulfill unmet medical needs with cost-effective tests and accurate analysis that guide patient care by utilizing next generation sequencing technologies and advanced bioinformatics to redefine disease screening, diagnosis, treatment, monitoring, and management. It is our mission to deliver transformative, valuable solutions for patients, physicians, payers, and clinical researchers.
Our employees have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun culture. We offer various health and financial benefits, learning opportunities, competitive compensation, rewarding bonus programs, and a wide range of work/life benefits designed to make your life easier.
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has more than 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#JY Job #12547