Lighthouse Lab Services has partnered with another top-tier health system and we are looking to add a Core Lab Supervisor to the team. As a Core Lab Supervisor, you will be at the forefront of cutting edge medical care in a small yet fast-paced laboratory with the advantage of strong collaboration in a multi-facility healthcare system.
You will use your leadership and Clinical Lab Scientist skills to help lead the lab services and to to ensure services are meeting established regulatory requirements, personnel staffing and management, financial goals, and activities to improve interdepartmental relationships. Technical areas include Hematology, Coagulation, Urinalysis, Blood Gases, Chemistry, Blood Bank, Point of Care, Phlebotomy, and specimen processing.
Coordinates and facilitates the Laboratory section activities and daily provision of service. Applies advanced knowledge for the section, serves as a role model and resource.
• Assists Director in budget process through resource identification and section needs, evaluating and providing analysis for new projects and methods. Identifies necessary capital budget items for the section.
•Assists Director in monitoring section's financial performance impact on Laboratory's operational goals. Reports budget variances and unbudgeted expenses to the Director/Manager in a timely manner.
•Assists Medical Director with continuously evaluating and selecting test methodology that is appropriate for the clinical use of the test results. Verifies the performance characteristics of test methods in accordance with Laboratory policy.
• Coordinates the Quality Control activities of the section, establishes acceptable levels of analytical performance and ensures that these levels are maintained throughout the entire testing process as relates to the section.
• Coordinates section participation in the Laboratory Proficiency Testing program. Develops and monitors processes that ensures patient test results are not reported until all corrective actions are taken.
• Follows through on concerns, issues, projects, etc. to those who are part of the process or needs follow up, is done in a timely manner and complete.
• Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of the section's performance improvement goals. Coordinates the performance improvement activities of the section through the monitoring and evaluation of patient/section outcomes.
• Facilitates staff awareness and involvement in performance improvement activities. Acts as a resource/mentor in the laboratory by assisting and encouraging staff participation in problem identification, formulation of plans and initiation of corrective measures.
• Participates in the Performance Appraisal process, ensures that Performance Appraisal/competencies are consistent and completed in a timely manner.
• Coordinates all disciplinary processes in the section and advises Director of all final written warnings and terminations.
• Continuously assesses and develops the competency level of section staff based on corporate and laboratory competency assessment programs. Supports the on-going development and implementation of the Laboratory orientation program for new employees.
• Facilitates and educates staff in performing assigned tasks in a safe and healthful manner in compliance with corporate policies, the Chemical Hygiene Plan and Laboratory Safety Policies. Assists and encourages staff participation in identification of safety issues, formulation of plans and initiation of corrective measures. Supports the implementation of changes related to the current health care environment.
• Facilitates staff and management team communication amongst and between service area members to deliver customer satisfaction and service efficiency.
• Ensures operational functions are in compliance with professional practice, licensure, accreditation and regulatory standards. Maintains and applies knowledge of appropriate regulatory requirement (Joint Commission, CAP, etc.) at the point of service.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Human Resources policy and procedure administration
• Safety policies and procedures • Professional Standards applied to work
• Business and professional standards of dress and behavior
•Demonstrated skills related to management, planning, budgeting and quality improvement
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Skills to both train staff and successfully gather information needed to streamline processing
• Strong organizational, analytical, problem-solving and negotiation skills
• Developing, implementing and maintaining policies and procedures
•Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
• Ability to plan, organize and direct the work of others
• Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form to patients, staff, physicians and management staff Education
• Bachelor's Degree in Microbiology or Medical Technology required
• Experience in the healthcare industry or a healthcare setting preferred
Licenses and Certifications:
• CLS – State of California Clinical Laboratory Scientist License required
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has more than 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com