Are you a warrior at heart? Are you someone who is brave and who comes alive amid chaos? Does your passion for medicine, science and patient care sustain you when your body and mind grow weary? Do you march to the beat of your own war drum that you’ve thoroughly cleaned with soap and water and then sanitized for good measure? Do you want to join scientists, pathologists, physicians, nurses and other medical personnel around the world on the front lines in the war against COVID-19?
A Message for the Warrior Scientists:
Lighthouse Lab Services has openings across the United States for full-time, permanent Molecular Technologists to help test for the COVID-19 virus. Multiple shifts are available including day, evening and night shifts. If this interests you, we encourage you to keep reading.
The Warrior’s Duty:
- Follow the laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling and processing
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either correct the problems or immediately notify the general supervisor, technical supervisor or Laboratory Director
- General lab maintenance responsibilities
- Conventional PCR and quantitation real-time PCR
- Work within CLIA, CAP and/or COLA regulations
- Perform manual/kit RNA extraction
- Work with automated instruments
- Regularly use the lab’s LIMS/LIS system
- Perform QC and technical writing
- Utilize aseptic techniques
How to Become A Warrior?
- Have demonstrated prior experience in a clinical Molecular Laboratory setting or with Molecular Techniques highly preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Molecular Biology, Medical Lab Science, or equivalent
- MLS/MT(ASCP) required; MB(ASCP) a bonus
- Strong pipetting skills
- A willingness to sacrifice for the greater good
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Job # 11661