CT / Cytotechnologist
Hempstead, NY · Job ID: 9865 · · Industry: Cytology
We are currently looking for a Cytotechnologist to join an established but growing clinical and anatomic pathology laboratory near Hempstead, NY. This role will be performing routine laboratory tests for both gynecological and non-gynecological samples. The job responsibilities require independent performance of specimen receiving, assisting at various stages cytology techniques consistent with established procedures. The schedule for this position is M-F, 9:00 am-5: 30 pm.
You should apply to this role if you hold a Bachelor's Degree and an ASCP certification as either a Medical Technologist (MT/MLS) or Cytotechnology (CT) plus a New York State Licensure as a Cytotechnologist. One year or more of experience in a clinical lab setting with cytology experience is preferred but new grads are invited to apply and will be considered.
Job responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
– Examines gynecological and/or non-gynecological slides daily according to department protocols.
– Records findings in the computer system.
– Records required data on daily screening and departmental logs.
– Identifies and corrects problems that may adversely affect test performance or result reporting of patient samples.
– Communicates pertinent section information/issues to supervisor, manager or other appropriate individual.
– Performs instrument maintenance and method troubleshooting.
– Assists in documentation and maintaining effective department QA/QC programs and monitors.
– Must perform within the productivity expectations as set forth by current departmental guidelines.
– BS in medical technology, cytotechnology, or related life science.
– MT/MLS or CT certification with the ASCP or related national accreditation board.
– New York State Licensure as a Cytotechnologist.
– Prior clinical cytology experience required.
Salary and Benefits:
– Salary of $35 – $45 per hour, based on experience
– Health, Vision, Dental
– 401k retirement plan
– PTO, Holidays
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#MG Job ID: 9865