Are you a Cytotechnologist and tired of your current role? Do you aspire to work in a hospital setting that will offer you the chance to make a direct impact on members of your community? If so, this might be a perfect position for you. Lighthouse Lab Services is representing an excellent health system and medical center in central Washington, that is hiring a Cytotechnologist to prepare pap smears and non-gyn cytology slides and provides evaluation and diagnosis. QC and QA oversight. Assist in cytology prep as needed. Attend EBUS/EUS procedures for rapid onsite assessments for adequacy.
– Screens all pap smears and non-gyn cytology slides.
– Prepares or assists with the preparation of cytology slides for examination.
– Prepares or oversees preparation of special cytology fixatives.
– Assists in supply inventory and ordering for Cytology and assists as needed in personnel scheduling for Cytology section.
– Works directly with Anatomic Pathology Manager in developing new tests or trouble-shooting established ones.
– Utilizes computer entry and data management as it relates to workflow and report generation.
– Assists pathologists and clinicians in obtaining optimal cytologic specimens. This may require being at bed-side or in procedure room.
– Maintains or supervises maintenance of pap files and histo-cyto correlation study set.
– Works with Anatomic Pathology Manager/Pathologists in developing and maintaining quality control procedures.
– Reads QA manual monthly and initials this review.
– Bachelor’s degree
– Completion of 1-year Cytology program.
– ASCP licensure for Cytology or equivalent.
– Proven required proficiency in the screening of GYN and non-GYN cases.
– At least three years of current GYN screening experience
Salary and Benefits
– Competitive salary based upon experience
– $5,000 sign on bonus
– Health, Vision, Dental
– Retirement savings plan
– PTO and sick leave.
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#DS Job ID: 11505