Lighthouse Lab Services has partnered with a healthcare provider in Berkeley Heights, NJ to fill a Temporary Cytotechnologist position. This role requires a highly skilled and competent individual.
Essential Job functions:
- Screens and signs out all negative gyn cytology specimens according to standard operating procedure. Considers comparative data of lab-wide results.
- Screens all non-gyn specimens according to standard operating procedure for the pathologist to review and sign out.
- Performs testing and other tasks using sound judgement and evaluation; maintains appropriate turn-around-times.
- Assists in troubleshooting problems with office and lab staff.
- Practices quality control measures to ensure reliable results and compliance with all regulatory agencies.
- Knowledgeable in other SMG information systems in order to obtain clinical information (eg: TouchWorks).
- Performs all instrument maintenance and documents appropriately.
- Shares responsibility for the integrity of the LIS with the supervisor, lab manager and systems analyst.
- Knowledgeable of the computer downtime procedures and participates when they are implemented.
- Integrates consult and reference lab reports in Orchard LIS.
- Recognizes and performs duties which need to be performed, although not directly assigned, that are within the scope of ability.
- Successfully completes annual proficiency test as outlined by CMS (score of 90% or higher).
- Participates in peer educational program in gyn and non-gyn cytology.
- Operates prep instruments and coverslipper in order to prep specimens when necessary.
- Knowledge of maintenance and quality control procedures for SurePath processor, centrifuge and Leica coverslipper.
- Knowledge of the registration process (Orchard) in order to access cases and prints worksheets and labels when necessary.
- Assists at the collection of fine needle aspirates.
- Maintains acceptable turnaround time for all case types.
- Prepares reagents as needed.
- Assists in problem resolution.
- Maintains inventory to include sufficient volume and viable expiration dates.
- Other job duties as required.
Education, Certification, Computer and Training Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years experience required.
- CT (ASCP) required. SCT (ASCP) preferred.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing required.
- Ability to use critical thinking skills; develop, plan, and organize successful projects required.
- Demonstrates the ability to function autonomously and is an independent decision-maker required
- Demonstrates effectiveness as a group leader and participant and the ability to collaborate with multiple members of the health care and administrative leadership team.
- Competitive salary and benefits
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
LK #JD 14522