Looking for a Director of Lab Operations opportunity in the Raleigh area? Look no further! Lighthouse Lab Services has partnered with a growing independent reference laboratory in Raleigh, NC. Perfectly located between the beautiful NC beaches and mountains, Raleigh is an absolute gem of a city!
The Director of Laboratory Operations will be responsible for anticipating, planning, and overseeing the establishment and operation of US laboratory operations to support the dramatic growth in demand for the client's laboratory tests. As such, position will be responsible for the management, control and optimization of the company's day-to-day laboratory operations including provision of timely, reliable, and clinically relevant test results and compliance with applicable regulations.
• Masters or Post-Graduate degree in medical technology, clinical laboratory science, chemical, physical, or biological science.
• 5-7 years experience in molecular biology; IVD experience; experience in NGS highly preferred
• Experience leading operations in a CLIA/CAP certified laboratory
• Experience with Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS)
• Expert knowledge in laboratory operations and laboratory processes.
• Advanced knowledge of molecular biology, genomics and personalized medicine or related disciplines.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience leading a laboratory operation through significant and rapid growth.
• Demonstrated experience being proactive and anticipating the growth needs of the organization.
• Demonstrated experience as a leader with deep experience applying modern principles and practice of operations management to drive operational efficiencies and cost reductions throughout a high throughput laboratory operation.
• Proven leadership/management experience at a senior level and an established track record of successfully managing a complex, highly regulated organization.
• Collaborate with the COO to drive the strategic plans and process within the overall organization and oversee the development and implementation of appropriate tactical plans to achieve success.
• Maintain all necessary levels of accreditation. Build upon existing principles to continue enhancing the culture of safety, cost efficiencies and continuous improvements in quality and productivity.
• Direct the preparation of operational and resource plans and budgets with clearly identified short- and long-term business objectives and strategic priorities. As well, provide and contribute to forecasts of long-term business results including technology innovation, operational capacity and efficiency and quality.
• Ensures that the performance specifications for new tests, instruments, and methods introduced to the laboratory have been properly validated or verified prior to being used for patient testing.
• Ensures communication of laboratory data and appropriate patient result reporting.
• Work with the Product Development to evaluate and develop innovative new ways to provide services to the customer base including the use of such technologies as Targeted Sequencing.
• Evaluate and use existing or new tools to make visible and measure the success of strategic initiatives, operations, and performance milestones.
• Contribute to creating and enriching an environment of innovation as measured by client satisfaction levels, services offered, volumes provided, operating efficiency and market competitiveness. As well, work with Product Management and Business Development to refine the new product development process so as to ensure speed to market.
• Collaborate with the head of Quality Assurance to ensure that standard operating procedures remain in place, delivering the highest levels of quality, compliance and transparency of operations and that current and future facilities comply with regulatory or accrediting agency standards
• Collaborate with IT to define sample management and laboratory user needs, configure systems and processes to facilitate sample processing, automate data QC and build a scalable and sustainable operational infrastructure.
• Ensures proficiency testing, alternative assessment, and QC testing procedures are sufficient for the extent of testing performed in the laboratory.
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#MTP Job ID: 15599