Full-time Laboratory Director sought at a well-established laboratory in New York City. This is an independent reference lab performing Bacteriology, Clinical Chemistry, Diagnostic Immunology, Endocrinology, Genetic Testing, Hematology, Oncology (Molecular and Cellular Tumor Markers AND Soluble Tumor Markers), and Toxicology (Clinical and Quantitative).
The director will work full-time on-site at the lab. An MD or PhD degree, current New York medical license if an MD, an approved board certification, and the New York Certificates of Qualification in Bacteriology, Clinical Chemistry, Diagnostic Immunology, Endocrinology, Genetic Testing, Hematology, Oncology (Molecular and Cellular Tumor Markers AND Soluble Tumor Markers), and Toxicology (Clinical and Quantitative) are required to apply for this position.
The Laboratory Director is responsible for the overall operation and administration of the lab, and must ensure the competency of all laboratory personnel. This person will also fulfill the role of Clinical Consultant. Additional specific responsibilities will include:
- Developing and Overseeing Standard Operating Procedures for all testing performed in the laboratory.
- Maintaining Quality Assurance in the laboratory, i.e. reviewing monthly L-J reports, peer group data, 6-month linearity data, etc.
- Overseeing Proficiency Testing: accessioning, submission, and reviewing of proficiency testing from regulatory agency such as the College of American Pathologists.
- Development of new tests and categories for the laboratory, including validation studies, research on equipment, and cost analysis.
- Monthly work flow analysis.
- Keeping up to date files on technical staff, i.e. training, competency, continued education, and job evaluation.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
New York Certificates of Qualification in Bacteriology, Clinical Chemistry, Diagnostic Immunology, Endocrinology, Genetic Testing, Hematology, Oncology (Molecular and Cellular Tumor Markers AND Soluble Tumor Markers), and Toxicology (Clinical and Quantitative) are REQUIRED for this position.
The qualification for a laboratory director of high-complexity testing is that the laboratory director must hold an earned doctoral degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science from an accredited institution and be certified and continue to be certified by a board approved by HHS. The current approved boards are the following:
1. ABB – American Board of Bioanalysis
2. ABB public health microbiology certification
3. ABCC – American Board of Clinical Chemistry
4. ABCC 24-month Commission on Accreditation in Clinical Chemistry (COMACC)
5. ABFT – American Board of Forensic Toxicology
6. ABHI – American Board of Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics
7. ABMG – American Board of Medical Genetics
8. ABMLI – American Board of Medical Laboratory Immunology
9. ABMM – American Board of Medical Microbiology
10. NRCC – National Registry of Certified Chemists
Must be board certified in Clinical Pathology by the American Board of Pathology (ABP) and hold an active New York state medical license.
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#TL Job ID: 9354