Have you been seeking an opportunity to continue your career as a Histology Lab Manager? Does working as a team in a small environment appeal to you?
Lighthouse Lab Services is representing a lab in Salt Lake City, UT that is in need of a Laboratory Manager to leverage their lab testing experience and leadership skills for the benefit of the lab. This is a Histology Lab Manager Role that will be filling the position of a General Supervisor- this lab is currently developing an LDT for cancer screenings.
You will drive the creation and lead the operations of the company’s CLIA/CAP certified laboratory in collaboration with the rest of the team.
First Shift: Monday-Sunday; Potential for weekend work is there but not regularly at this time
As CLIA-CAP General Supervisor (Histology/ Molecular Oncology) your responsibilities include:
- Leading efforts to obtain CLIA certification through CAP accreditation for the company’s high complexity functional precision medicine laboratory.
- Supervise, direct, plan, develop, implement, evaluate and oversee the execution of daily operations of the laboratory.
- Accessibility to the laboratory as needed for on-site, telephone, or electronic consultation.
- Day-to-day supervision or oversight of the laboratory operation and personnel performing testing and reporting test results.
- Resolving technical problems in accordance with policies and procedures established by the Laboratory Director and Technical Supervisor/Manager.
- Monitoring test performance and managing QA/QC Markers and proficiency testing through the CAP proficiency program.
- Ensure that remedial actions are taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
- Maintain laboratory equipment performance by establishing quality standards; developing operational, quality, and troubleshooting procedures; ensuring staff compliance; certifying instrument performance; arranging equipment replacement, service, and repair.
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Establish and maintain a laboratory information system (LIMS) by identifying information needs and problems; selecting vendors; implementing initial systems; recommending improvements; establishing priorities; testing; writing user manuals; training employees; maintaining security and confidentiality.
Previous experience with direct supervision of laboratory personnel
Must meet ONE of the requirements for General Supervisor under CLIA:
- PhD in one of the chemical, physical or biological sciences must have two years of clinical laboratory experience
- Master’s degree in one of the chemical, physical or biological sciences with at least 4 years of laboratory experience with at least 2 of those years spent working in a high complexity laboratory
- Nationally recognized certification as a Medical Technologist (MT) or a bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Science, or related biological science/clinical field with at least 4 years of clinical laboratory experience.
- Have previously qualified or could have qualified as a general supervisor prior to 2/28/1992.
- HT (ASCP)
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- Salary of $70k-100K based on experience level
- Full health insurance benefits
- Lunch provided 2x/ week as well as snacks/drinks in the office
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#mtp Job ID: 13477