Lighthouse Lab Services is the leading provider of clinical laboratory professionals. We are currently searching for Histology Technical Consultants to join us for a 9 month project. The consultant will focus on handling change management for lab consolidation projects.
This role will be a remote position, and candidates with flexibility in their schedule are encouraged to apply.
The Role You'll Play:
- Supports Laboratory Services Chief Operating Officer in developing and managing procedures, protocols, projects and standardization in area of expertise.
- Interprets Laboratory accreditation regulations in area of expertise and recommends strategies and approaches to meeting requirements
- Communicates and collaborates with Service Line leaders, Division personnel, Facility personnel, vendors, and other support groups to facilitate and ensure successful delivery of services
- Knowledgeable and capable of working with key stakeholder groups to coordinate activities including other Service Line resources, Division leadership, medical director (pathology), Performance Improvement, laboratory leaders, Supply Chain, etc.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with other operating groups within the company such as IT&S, Supply Chain, etc.
- Supports the Laboratory Service Line to execute on laboratory service opportunities in assigned area of expertise including:
- Collaborates with laboratory, pharmacy, and physician leaders to ensure and understanding of service level needs to provide optimal patient care
- Provides technical leadership for enterprise discipline best practice team to drive all aspects of standardization in area of expertise, including; development of standard template Standard Operating Procedures, competency assessments, performance indicators, quality measures, and regulatory preparation and responses
- Oversees document control in area of expertise
- Supports centralization of services under the direction of operational and medical leadership
- Develops plans, tools and approaches to ensure successful implementation of laboratory initiatives
- Assists in analyzing data and tracking the status of laboratory initiatives including but not limited to quality performance, new technology implementation, clinical stewardship implementation, test centralization, regulatory accreditation status, billing compliance, equipment and service contracting, contract compliance
- Contributes to the preparation of capital requests and business cases in area of expertise.
- Assists in the preparation of communication materials, status reports, meeting materials and service line documentation.
- Seeks new technology and opportunities to improve service levels, quality, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Schedules appointments and meetings
- Books travel and submits expense reports
- Facilitate effective communication among team members and leadership to ensure a common understanding of needs, expectations and requirements
- Works collaboratively with all levels of the organization and thrives in a matrixed environment
- Utilizes sophisticated processes and systems to gather and analyze information
- Understands the critical nature of laboratory services that are vital to the operations of the Hospitals and that failure to perform the duties of this position can result in the disruption and delay of vital patient care services.
- Continually monitors and stays abreast of legislative and regulatory changes affecting laboratory services.
- Takes initiative to develop steps and processes in an effort to proactively identify areas of opportunity.
- Communicates the Laboratory Services suite of services effectively throughout all levels of the organization and represents the Service Line in professional manner.
- Knowledge of laboratory operations an acute care, consolidated and commercial settings in area of expertise.
- Functional working knowledge of clinical laboratory service aspects in area of expertise including technical, billing, regulatory compliance, and expense management aspects.
- Ability to lead and collaborate within a team setting. Demonstrates ability to interact, build and maintain strong relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Demonstrates understanding of laboratory regulatory requirements in area of expertise including, but not limited to, TJC, CAP, State DOH, FDA, CMS, CLIA.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and foster collaborative relationships with ability to engage resources outside of direct-control to meet deadlines and achieve program objectives.
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills
- Creates customer confidence, committed to increasing customer satisfaction.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively. Demonstrated oral and written communication skills required
- Possesses good organizational, time management, and presentation skills including ability to plan, implement and execute.
- Willingness to take on tasks big and small associated with full scale implementation as well as daily operations.
- Interpersonal skills to work in a high-profile and fast-paced team environment.
- Demonstrates responsibility for responding to customer needs and solicits opinions and ideas from customers to improve services
- Competent analytical and problems solving skills. Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills required.
- Up to 25% travel required
- Typical work week hours can vary depending on workload and project deliverables
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology or qualified as a CLIA supervisor in area of histology is required
- Master’s degree in related laboratory field or business is preferred
- ASCP certification preferred
- Lean, Six Sigma, Project Management and/or Good Laboratory Practices Certification is preferred
- Minimum of 5- years of recent supervisory experience in a high volume centralized histology setting required
- Experience in hospital laboratory system setting is preferred
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services – 800-838-0602 lighthouselabservices.com
#VT Job ID: 14073