Job Profile Summary:
Responsible for performing histological procedures to aid in diagnosis research and instruction. Training monitoring workflow and initiating safety and compliance activities.
- Prepares tissue samples for routine microscopic analysis.
- Maintains and operates laboratory equipment according to manufacturer recommendations and procedures.
- Initiates and participates in quality safety and compliance programs.
- Demonstrates advanced problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Performs area-specific support/clinical activities.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
– Education: Clinical education in a Histology Technician School (HT) program accredited by NAACLS or the minimum required for HTL(ASCP)
– Experience: 1 year experience in a Histology Laboratory.
Licensure: HTL (ASCP) Certification or eligible. Certification within 18 months of hire.
Job requires sitting, standing for prolonged periods, frequently traveling, bending/stooping; Repetitive motion: (embedding, microtomy, cover slipping). Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull 20 – 50lbs. May be exposed to fumes, chemicals, noise, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#JY Job ID: 15292