Lighthouse Lab Services is the leading provider of laboratory personnel. Currently, we are working with a laboratory near Overland Park, KS and we are seeking Histology Professionals to join our team where we are dedicated to providing the highest quality medical laboratory services. Come work in our Pathology laboratory located in Overland Park, KS alongside a highly trained staff with the latest technology. Our services are performed with the utmost care, expertise, integrity and respect for the patient.
The schedule for this position will be
Monday – Friday, 7:00am to 3:30pm.
Monday- Friday, 4:00pm to 12:30am.
Monday – Friday, 10:00pm to 6:00 am.
- Process human tissue and body fluid specimens in preparation for microscopic exam
- Perform technical duties related to the production of histopathological slides of surgical specimens
- Section the embedded tissue, using a microtome and mount the section properly on a microscope slide
- Perform various immunohistochemical tests on formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue sections
- Process mounted sections through routine and special staining procedures
- Properly orient and embed surgical tissue specimens Prepare the stains and reagents needed for special procedures Report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver quality patient care Operate and maintain manual and automated instruments
- Perform and document equipment maintenance as needed
- Record equipment log data in an accurate and timely manner
- Perform and document preventive maintenance and quality control procedures
- Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies
- Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing, analysis and reporting
- Document problems that may affect test performance and perform corrective actions when needed
- Requires an Bachelor's Degree w/1-3 years of experience in Histology and meet all licenses necessary for Histology or Associates Degree with 5+ years experience ASCP Histology certification or other relevant
- Histology certifications are a plus
- Ability to meet CLIA requirements Experience with routine histology procedures and equipment Immunohistochemistry experience is a plus
- Comfortability embedding both large and small specimens
- Ability to accurately read all labels and documents
- Ability to work independently within a team and strong attention to detail
- Experience working in a high-volume laboratory environment is desirable
- Familiarity with laboratory SOPs and safety protocol
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Paid Holidays
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 18 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities.
If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 844-974-1929 | lighthouselabservices.com
#BW Job ID #15741