Lighthouse Lab Services has partnered with a cutting edge Dermpath laboratory near Salt Lake City, UT that is actively looking to hire Histotechnologists.
Tues-Sat: 2am-10:30pm AND 4am-12:30pm
The Role You'll Play:
- Grosses tissues, embeds tissues and cuts blocks/tissue performing all technical procedures required to prepare tissue and slides in a timely and accurate manner while maintaining the highest standard of quality in tissue embedding, cutting of blocks (microtomy), H&E staining, special stains and immunohistochemistry staining.
- Completes review and signs all procedures prior to performance.
- Completes all safety training requirements as needed. Able to provide coverage for staff time off.
- Able to produce a moderate volume of slides without risk to patient identification.
- Able to execute any other duties required by the laboratory management staff.
- Knowledge of anatomy, pathology and medical terminology to perform job functions.
- Performs instrument maintenance/QC and documents all actions.
- Maintains adequate supplies for the histology laboratory.
- B.S. in related field preferred
- HTL/HT (ASCP) Certification preferred but NOT required
- 1+ Years of Histology experience preferred
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- Health, Vision, Dental
- PTO, and Paid Holidays
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 19 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 844-334-1658 | lighthouselabservices.com
#CC Job ID: 15805